SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 21, 2010, 01:48 PM
JMeyers

Default How would you get businesses to sign up?

Hi All,

I like the idea of a booth on campus. How about giving a $1.00 bill to each student that gives you their phone number? It would be easy enough to confirm you aren't getting duplicate numbers and you'd have a line a block long. And maybe offer 50-cents to each additional number they convince to sign up?

My question would be how to go about convincing businesses to sign up for the service. Would this be done in-person? What about a letter to each business - and who would you address this to?

- John Meyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy1290 View Post
Thank you for all the responses! I appreciate the help! Anyways, a few questions:

How much is a good price to charge a week for this service. $50 seems a bit steep for a new business, especially one run by college kids.

How do I go about getting phone numbers from students (subscription)? Maybe set a booth up on campus? Flyers? Signs? I think a website is simply not enough. I guess anything would really work.

I really think I could get a good business in my city if I really plan and go about this the right way the first time, to get some credibility.

Also, how do those text messaging services work? Are they simple to work with?

Thanks for the help guys.

I have a few ideas on our business name and website address.