SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 21, 2010, 03:08 PM
Adman

Default 2 Things I'd do...

1a) Get a Unique, Ego-Centered domain for a "Group" of businesses...similar to a Town Directory with businesses in Alphabetical Order.
(OrlandosBestOnline.com, OrlandosBestDirectory.com) (Available TODAY!)

1b) Then get "Ego" domains for each biz in their Category;
(OrlandosBestPlumbers.com, OrlandosBestDentists.com, OrlandosBest Orthodontists.com, OrlandosBestRoofers.com...etc) (ALL Available NOW!)

2) Get a "Free Website Template" for each category. Plop it onto the site.

3) Contact 5 to 10 biznesses in each Category and tell them to "Go Up and Take A Look. On each site you have the words; "This Site Available for RENT! Email (or phone) me if interested. First one wants it, gets it!

Now....you could make it exclusive to one in each category BUT, Orlando's a big town...so I'd put 2 or 3 in each Category.

Now...by offering something to these businesses that CANNOT be offered to them by "College Kids" or anyone else (A Unique, Powerful DOmain) you can get businesses who already have a website and are happy with it. Give these folks a Single Page with a Link (I call these, "Business Card Sites")

Now...because of the POWER of the Domains (OrlandosBESTPlumbers.com etc) .....each business owner can INSTANTLY understand the strength of their new Domain Name....and will WANT to be part of it.

You can tell each biz you will be promoting the Main Site via each participant's business and via other media.

Now...there's some finer details needed here but, that's the gist of what I think you can do to "Name Your Own Price" and NOT have to be concerned about "college kids" and their "Cheap Sites".

Also...my suggestion on Pricing; Hey! It's Orlando, Florida! It ain't Podunk, Nebraska! So...charge accordingly. I'd go for $1,500 initially for each 3 page website or Business Card Page PLUS....$150/mo.....with a 3 mo minimum ($450) for a total of $1,950 for the first 3 mos.

Holy Schamoly! Just 25 of these and you have $50G's in yer jeans and $3,750 coming in EVERY MONTH! Yahoo!!! Go For It!

Don Alm
"50 Ways To Make 50G's from Home"... http://www.midasreports.com