SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 9, 2000, 10:38 PM
PAUL

Default The FUNNIEST thing I'd heard in a long time

My wife and I just went out to dinner at the TGIFridays about a mile from where she works.

Over dinner we were talking about our "day" and such as married couples do. Then for some reason we got into somewhat of a mental sparring match where we were lovingly insulting each other.

The third round or so she just blurted out "your, your... your, just a guppy in my ocean," and I about died! I laughed so loud that a lot of the restaurant turned around and looked at me. Then, the next time our waiter came around I told him the same. He, too, laughed real loud. He then told the other waiters/waitresses the same and for the next 20 or so minutes we were there, every time ANY of them walked by our table the looked at us/her and just smiled.

The waiter was real cool and all and by the time we left the WHOLE staff was watching us, and as we walked out they gave my wife a "round of applause."

You may or may not think this is funny but since I was there it was truly hysterical!!!

Like all the old hats will tell you, if you can't occasionally laugh at yourself than your just "too" uptight -- and this was just one of those times!!!

I've been lurking here for a few days and figured that this was as good a way as any, to break in and say hi. So "HI"... my name is Paul, and I've got a problem...

Just kidding, but if I DID have a problem it's that I spend too much time posting on forums like this. Which brings up a thought.... hmmmm, maybe if I spent less time posting and more time DOING, that my situation might be a little different.

Hmmmmm

This forum already is generating that warm, fuzzy feeling that most forums take *at least* several weeks AFTER the open to generate; and considering that this forum/site is still 7 WEEKS AWAY from "official launch," thats simply incredible!

I've told you once, and I'll tell you again: the Internet could certainly use another one just like you Gordon, and since we couldn't find anyone else to fit the bill, I guess that YOU'll just have to do :-)

The love of my life and best friend