SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 15, 2011, 07:48 PM
Adman

Default How about adding a "Service" to the existing Signs!

The "Sign-Service" and "Listing Lights" and "Listing Locks" are good ideas HOWEVER...."installing and moving signs" is not my idea of "Extra Income". Someone must Physically do the work. And some areas need permits for lights on Signs and...."Locks" are "Ok" but....No Pizzaz!...and don't really put money into Agents pockets!

What if you could offer a "Unique Service" to ALL the RE Agents, Offices and even local Sign Companies?

A "Service" that ONLY YOU could provide....and....a "Service" that would pay YOU X$ A WEEK (for 13 weeks).....for EACH LISTING you provided your special "Service" for ...and you could collect this cash WITHOUT LEAVING YOUR PC!

Note: Real Estate Agents are notoriously "cheap"...mainly because they don't make money Until and Unless their properties Sell! They have to run ads promoting their listings. Signs alone won't hack it. So....they are pretty cautious about any "extra services" they spend money on BEFORE the property sells!

However....what I'm about to tell you CAN....help SELL properties and...HELP Put MONEY INTO THE AGENTS POCKETS FASTER!

One of the TOP RE Agents in my area STILL uses an "Old-Fashioned" Marketing System. (It's amazing why other RE Agents DON'T get why she is the TOP agent) She's using an "Old-Fashioned" VOICE MAIL set up where each of her Listings is on a "Recorded Message".

She makes a 2 minute Recording for each of her Listings. These Recordings give a description of the property, features of the property and area and, the Price and Her Name and Phone.

So....a few months ago, I was trimming the hedge in front of my home and happened to notice the House Hunters stopping and looking at my neighbors house For Sale across the street.

They'd stop the car....look at the For Sale Sign....dial the Number of the Recorded Message. Some would get out of their car and get a Listing Sheet in the box on the Post.

Then I got one of my "Hot Flashes";
I started counting how many Lookers were using their Cells. Amazingly, almost EVERY Looker whipped out their cell phone and dialed the Recording.

Now...."Audio" info is "ok" BUT....wouldn't "Audio" and "VISUAL" info be better? ....in the form of a Website ON THEIR CELL PHONES?

So.... I met with one of my RE Agent buddies....told him what I had in mind...for HIM to...."GET MORE LISTINGS BY OFFERING SOMETHING OTHER AGENTS WEREN'T OFFERING!" (Agents make money JUST BY GETTING LISTINGS)

I helped him set up a "Mobile Info Service"...where House Hunters could get ALL the info about a property....ON THEIR CELL PHONES!

He also provided the "Hanger" (a board hanging below the main sign with the "Mobile Site" address).....for each Participating Agent....who would mount the "Hanger" when the sign was installed.

He charges for each "Hanger" and a SetUp Fee for each Listing ....and a Monthly Fee for the Service.

My buddy is now making a Nice Chunk-O-Change,,,each and every month, from his fellow RE Agents.

Whala! Maybe I should do a WSO on this.

Anyway....YOU heard it HERE....FIRST!

Don Alm....Idea-Guy