SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 18, 2011, 12:17 PM
Skip Rosell

Default Re: Coffee Mugs Another way to sell them

Hi Don,

Thanks for responding.

Hey Skip.....to make "Sample Coffee Cups"....
...Go to a Dollar Store and buy "C" Handle Cups for cheapo
...Go to Staples and buy a pack of "White, Full Sheet Labels"
...On a Graphics Program (I use MSPUB) make up some "Labels" 8"wide by 3"high....with Sample Logos or Ads
...Cut Labels to the 8 by 3 size and stick on Cups making sure Label is evenly spaced from both sides of handle

I can make up as many Samples as I need....instantly. I tell prospects that this is a "Label"...actual pieces will be "Inked".

For my program I would rather have an "Inked" sample with a Popular Realtor's ad on the mug Since I'm not putting the advertisers ads ON the mug. It looks more professionial.

Also....Nice AD for "Mugs Across America" guy.

I'm not trying to advertise for anyone but if a person does not have your talents and salesmanship they are better off focusing on the sales and let a professional do the rest. If a person does not have a supplier for the mugs, does not have ad design knowledge, does not know about breakage of mugs, etc. then they are better off using a person like the "Mugs Across America" guy for his talents and knowledge. That is called outsourcing.

Now if there was a program out there that teaches all of the above and is a reasonable price it may be better to learn all the ins and outs if the amount of profit is worth it.

I'd rather use Google and my Telephone to find a "Mug Supplier"....where I can buy "Vitrified Coffee Mugs" for 57 cents ea....SCREEN-Printed in lots of 180 = $102.60 + $16 per box shipping x 5boxes = $80....= $182.60 (I can make my own ads with MSPub and send to Mug Co)

Reminds me of the old saying of...."Nothing Moves Unless Something Is Sold!"

Your saying is true and "Nothing happens unless you do something" is also true. If knowledge of designing an ad is stopping someone then they would be better off using someone like Mark to get started.

IF I...as a "SalesMan" am going out to "Sell"....I'd prefer to make as much moolah for my TIME and TALENT...as I can.

For MY Time and Talent....I prefer to pay $182.60 for 180 VITRIFIED Mugs (I can make the ads and do the proofing)....rather than $89 x 8 = $712 for my "Return" on MY Time and Talent!

If they have the talents needed, your report on mugs may be the way to go, because as a salesman you can teach a lot about how to SELL the program. But if you are using MS Publisher then you can not teach them to design in a more professional program like PhotoShop or Illustrator.

Best of success,

Skip Rosell