SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 27, 2011, 11:46 PM
Samir

Default Re: Balloon Biz (Samir's) EVAL, BEST money making method, FASTEST money making method.

Hi Gordon. Thank you for your feedback on my balloon business. It's definitely an easy to start money maker with little out of pocket expenses.

With regards to it being time and labor intensive, I would like to offer my personal experience. When I first started out, it use to take me about 20 seconds to prepare one balloon, so using that as the benchmark, I should be able to prepare 120 balloons in 40 minutes but because of my clumsiness, let's just say I needed an additional 20 minutes to prepare the balloons. So in one hour, I was able to prepare 120 balloons. Each balloon yields a profit of $2.40 so 120 balloons would equal $288 profit.

But we still have to calculate the cost of gas. So let's assume the cost of gas is $4 per gallon and that an average car gives 20 miles per gallon. With that in mind, even if we had to drive 40 miles to complete our route, we would still burn only 2 gallons and if we add an additional gallon of gas for traffic and signals, that would reduce our profit by $12 bringing the total to $276. Still not bad.

The above scenario is only possible if you already have an established list of clients so I totally agree with you that it takes time to setup locations but this forum is full of creative entrepreneurs who can surely twist the idea to make it work in their favor.

btw, I like your twist about adding incentives to help sell the balloons.

Also, I truly appreciate your suggestions on how I can expand my ebook and I am pleased that you believe it could be worth $299. Up until now, I've just been promoting it on various forums and I am getting a steady stream of 2 to 3 orders daily. I am really hoping to be back on my feet again in a month so that I can restart my business. Meanwhile, I am thinking about offering resell rights to my ebook, which is now 18 pages long and includes more details on key points, as well as photos of the balloons at a couple of my client locations.

Thanks
-Samir