SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 3, 2011, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Part THREE...destinations.

Where are you GOING?

With your Biz-op, Business or money-making efforts?

Where are YOU going? With your life? Where is your destination?

So in this third installment, we get back to GO...the starting point,
back to Square ONE.

If you haven't read Crossroads of Life (on the home SowPub page), I think it would be relevant to this discussion.

In that little story about destinations, I talk about maps and goals.

MAPS. If I were home in Cuyahoga Falls, OH and wanted to go to NY City and headed West...8 hours later I'd be in Chicago, probably. A simple MAP or even GPS would have told me the way to go.

Sounds silly, right? Yet, there are many of us walking around in circles,
going nowhere after years of walking...that is, too many of us haven't reached any destination, especially when it comes to Financial Freedom.

It reminds me of what Joe Karbo wrote and echoed to me in person,
Most People Are Too Busy Earning a Living, They Don't Have Time to Become Finacially Free.

One thing we've learned here at SowPub these last 11 years is...nothing is certain or guaranteed. Both Dien and I have fallen ill.

We've lost some SowPubbers, other's have had their own health, family,
or just life problems.

Some have lost children. Loved ones. Lost their incomes. Livelyhood. Businesses.
Divorces.
Babies.
Elderly parents.

In other words, we've continued to march along in the PARADE OF LIFE.

And even with the best laid out plans, working with high quality people, having a worthy project...getting excited and motivated...

WELL

Sh*t Happens.

Some heavy-duty, life-changing, never-thought-about SH*T... happens.

No one gets to go along a smooth unobstructed highway at full speed.

There are, speedbumps.

Or giant sink-holes in our road and ruts on the path.

But even though unexpected Sh*t happens, it doesn't mean we shouldn't at least have a destination...while, at the same time...being aware of and enjoying the JOURNEY to the fullest extent our current situations allow.

Making Money is one of the Great PRE-OCCUPATIONS. It isn't the MONEY. It is the idea inside your head about what YOU will use the money you make for.

Could be Survival.

Could be Pleasures.

Could be anything you want it to be.

Money (as taught on the Square One Workshops) represents POTENTIAL.

The happiest people who've visited the forum seem to be those that have found their PASSION.

They LOVE what they do, and so, in having found this great love, they are persistant, passionate,
and
postive people.

And, they find the money often follows their passion.

But happiness may not be a worthy goal for some. A purposeful, meaningful life of contribution may be more important to some and perhaps, happiness is over-rated as a goal?

I don't want to philosphize today, or get to Cryptic, as I've been known to be...

so I want to advance this thread along...from Concept...Research...Market...Product...
to the bottom line... SALES Destinations.

Also, promised some never before published secrets...so here they are:
Secret ONE...the anti-"Get LAID", pick up women method to, uh, er, getting laid and picking up women. (In a manner of speaking).

This secret was given to me by one of the great Cassanovas aboard the USS Woodrow Wilson...we had two, one
was just a powerful personality with an amazing sense of humour which the ladies love...

the other was an average guy, and he was the STUD. And I stalked him, followed him, observed and tried to pick up what his secrets were...I truly thought he had advanced persuasion powers and it was a subject of
great interest to me back then. I had already spent 10 years studying salesmanship, hypnosis and all things
persuasion.

One day, I just confronted him and DEMANDED to know what his secret was. He laughed.

Here's how the conversation went...

Alex, do you ever get horny? Of course you do. Do you think girls get horny?

My reply, I never really thought about it.

HIM: They do. And when in a place like here (Hawaii) they are going to do things they wouldn't do back home. Here, they let their hair down, they want a good time. They want some action. All you got to do is let them know...

you are ready, willing and able to give them what THEY want.

Just put yourself on their path.

I asked, Where are these girls, how do I find them?

And he grinned, AT any hotel on the Island, you know they aren't locals, and you know they are looking for ways to fall in love with Hawaii...be one of the ways. Give them a memorable vacation.

There is an important lesson in there...I'll give you some time to digest it, then I'll post the fourth part...

GJA CS2 (SS) USS Woodrow Wilson SSBN 624 1969-1971

Last edited by GordonJ : November 3, 2011 at 10:27 AM.