SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 25, 2012, 11:48 AM
sandalwood

Default Re: I am "flabbergasted"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adman View Post
Bob Ross has conjured up a whole lot of interest in......in....in a "Direct Sales" project on a Forum where most of the viewers have never sold anything in their lives....especially Advertising!

UNbelievable! Who wouda known.

My problem with a "Direct Mail" project like this, besides the inexperience of those folks getting involved (Maybe it's the "supposed"...."hoped for"...$5,000 Profit being hung out like a carrot).....is;

The cost is around $2,500 for 10,000 Cards to be Designed, Printed and Mailed. I've been in the Direct Sales biz for a long time and I NEVER start a project that going to cost me OVER $1,000! Because....if I don't get enough paying clients....I have to refund the money they paid.

One of my Ad Projects is a 8 1/2 by 11 Fridge Magnet (it has "Important Phone Numbers at the top....a 12 mo Calendar and 4 Columns wide by 6 Rows down for a total of 24 Ad Spaces)

These Mags cost me $2 ea to be printed and mailed. I print and mail 150/mo.

Guess to whom I mail these Informative Fridge Mags (with 3 Reasons to keep them ON the fridge).....New Movers! People who have moved recently.

And....guess what kind of Advertisers I start contacting? "New Businesses" I get from my City Hall and County Courthouse.

I commit my advertisers to 3 months.....150 mailed each month. I print up 450 magnets. My cost is $2 x 450 = $900.

I charge $150 one-time set up and $450 (3 mos in advance) for a total of $600!....to have an EXCLUSIVE AD on the Refrigerators of 450 New Movers for th next 12 months!

$600 x 20 = $12,000 less $900

Don Alm....Sales Guy

Don,

You said:

"I NEVER start a project that going to cost me OVER $1,000!"

Makes 100% complete sense. In my research I found that NV (where I live) offers a fantastic business opportunity via their statutes. The creators must by law be Nevadans and be at least three. The members don't have to be Nevadans.

The benefits are huge and only the members can take advantage of the benefits. For example, it can make loans without any special licenses. Think about that for a minute. It can be a venture capital organization without any special licenses or it can own a movie studio. In other words, the org and its members (only) can do any thing that is legal.

Oh yeah, what is NV known for? Yep, can do that too.

Anyway, my first question is how would you price an annual membership being a $1000 is your limit? Second question, would anyone anywhere in the world be willing to become a member knowing just the above info?

No, I haven't done anything with it yet other than create a name. I used another statute to create another business.

I'm just putting this out on the table especially since I've read some of the latest WSOs. Recycled horse crap but who am I to say... I guarantee this would be the only ever unique product offered on any forum.

Again, I'm just tossing this out for general consumption. I like this forum and its inhabitants. My "secret" company could be the only greatest idea ever presented to the masses and this forum's members might be the beneficiaries.

Have a great day.