SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 20, 2012, 07:35 PM
sandalwood

Default Re: Asking for an appointment .

Boz,

It'll be in triplicate...

Phil,

Looking up Jeffrey Gitomer now...

Glenn,

Thanks for the corroboration...

Funny but when I think back to 1985 and me starting at Dean Witter as a new broker and Black Friday hitting about the same time I have to stop and ask myself what's the difference in me then and me now.

With the market completely in the doldrums I put 333 (odd # isn't it?) new clients on the books in a little under 6 months. That put me in the top 10 for rookies that year.

I never had a problem making money. If I needed 2000 this week, I made it. If I needed 10 bux to buy lunch, I had it by 10 a.m. My wife and kids never went w/o plus we had 12 goats, 6 ducks, 50 chickens, 4 dogs and 5 cats. I was there 401k, health ins plan and sinking fund. No problem, dollar bills fell out of the sky.

Then one day, the fun stopped. My sales skills went south. Now I actually had to work to make money. What a terrible awful feeling. I had to learn new skills. I think that is why I made the above post. I'm still learning.

Don't get me wrong, I ain't broke and never will be nor am I crying on your shoulder. I'm grateful to everyone who made a reply. I have been truly blessed with more knowledge to use.

That's why I like this forum. People step up and help or straighten a guy out.

Best wishes to one and all,

Tom