SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 31, 2012, 07:28 AM
Bozo

Default Re: REAL from the field results and a slight revision...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Gordon and Boz...

Appreciate both your thoughts, comments and opinions regarding...

To Build a Dealership Network, Franchise type but Not really...

Schpeel... Ideas... And Overall Feedback regarding the Flexibility etc. Available in the overall pricing...

And Anything and Everything you'd Both Like to Add...

[Thinking] much More about ''Putting'' the Unemployed Citizens all Around the World back to Work and Happiness!

Based on Much of the Following...

Re: Keep working... "Rehirement" and "free-tirement"...
http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=15229

Phil

Network / Franchise - but not really; Sure that possibility is there, just like any service business. There are some barriers to entry that I'm not sure I want to go through, starting with gummit regulations. Huge hassle - possibly worth it for somebody.

Flexible pricing? Prices range from me at $10 sitting beside the road, to a Florida fixed shop at $110. We both get what we ask. What's fair? What can your market afford? What will your market pay? I have found that I can sit around with a high price, or work with a low price, and at the end of the day I've made the same money. I prefer low, which gives me more opportunity to meet and BS with a wider variety of people. Whatever works for you. It can't be just about the money, or you might do better following Willie Sutton.

Back to work and happiness for the just now waking up Citizens? Definitely. Grocery and gas prices creep upwards, mostly slowly enough that it's not noticeable. Not noticeable enough such that one can keep track of what it used to be. Quick - what was the price of a can of green beans in 2000? In 1990?

The wake up comes when you go to buy the 5 or 10 year cycle product. That's when the 'what the hell happened' thought starts running through your head, and maybe even spilling out of your mouth. I remember when....a car battery was about $75 for a good one. I just paid $136 for an over the counter, never heard of it, brand. Same for tires...4 for $400 used to be top of the line. I just paid $760 for 4 of the low end brand. Then you start wondering about the green beans. An old Sears catalog is an eye opener.

I have this 'not really a business - more like a part time job' refined to the point that anybody can do it, with a very low entry cost. Operate all summer on $40 in supplies. Sales of the service can be automatic...sitting beside the road with a cardboard sign like the supposedly homeless guy, or mustering up the gumption to do the belly to belly thing with used car dealers and others who need the service. Total flexibility.

That Rehirement link is interesting. I'm finding that extra bucks go a long way towards making me comfortable with my situation...which is not so unlike a whole bunch of other people's situation. You can't say much bad about 'extra bucks'. Several of the people who have responded with the 3 Minute email, have poured out their hearts to me...there is desperation out there, a great need for 'extra bucks'...and still there is Hope...and a bit of Charity and goodwill. Interesting process, fun too.