Ask any questions related to entrepreneurship or self-improvement
NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
GJA Top 10 Trends YOU Can Take to the Bank...
Remember Faith Popcorn and the discredited John Naisbitt with his Megatrends?
The problem with these TRENDY people is TIME...as it goes by, we see their forecasts are less accurate than that of an astrologer or a dart thrower...betch the same will happen with this current trendmeister.
So, rather than being just the cynic and/or crytic...here are my top ten trends for the next few years.
1. People, in the vast majority of the bell curve, 80% will remain stupid. As Ron White, the comedian sez, "you can't cure stupid".
2. We will become our DATA. In fact, we are. TARGET is one of the great data tracker marketers, sending coupons for diapers to 17 year old girls, whose fathers explode on a Target Mgr for encouraging sex, then finds out she IS pregnant. TARGET knew long before he did.
3. The Internet Search engines, read Google, will continue to serve up what they think are targeted advertising.
Before I continue. I wrote a post at another forum and used Breathing as an example of a niche market...since then, everywhere I go I get served up ads for Respitrol to the point of annoyance. So, I've fought back, taking a small stone and putting it into my slingshot.
Everytime google serves me their ad, I go and put stuff in the shopping cart and then abandon it. I wonder if only 1000 people a day did this, if Respitrol would consider google ads as a good way to advertise? Hmmm, maybe I should start a group of Shopping Cart Abandoners to teach em a little lesson?
For an experiment, I've been searching for Baby related items and now I'm being served up prenatal vitamins and all things pregnant woman...see, I'm going to have some input into my DATA, because, we have become our data...when in reality, we ain't. Be aware of the ads YOU are getting, because somewhere is a computer who has YOU all figured out and it is all about advertising...the Intrusive kind that TW harps about.
4. The gov't, FEDERAL, will continue to raid people's homes and businesses and ignore the constitution. One has to wonder WHY Obama used Fast and Furious to evoke executive privilege?
Here in NM a big related story, NOT being covered is the Rick Reese and Family story.Google Rick Reese gun dealer and you won't find a single main stream media covering this story which is directly related to Fast and Furious. Rick and sons are in jail. Their property seized by a new agency, which starts it's gov't career with much egg on it's face.
Google is in my opinion the Darth Vader of the Universe.
Which brings up number five trend.
5. As more and more people see through the social media privacy, or lack of it, and as they are served up more and more customizable intrusive ads...the next big thing will be the next Facebook/MySpace (see, stupid people can even be billionaires)...
Where people can have their social wants, without all the intrusive ads, watch for it soon.
6. Continued Internet users backlash, with more using smart phone replacement options for their current browser use...and already, THEY, the marketers are using DATA from your phone to sell you products and services they know you want. Since they KNOW I'm a pregnant teen, I get all kinds of really nifty offers on my SMART phone.
In 1969 Charlie Green, computer whiz on a ballistic missile carrying nuclear powered submarine taught me...GIGO Garbage In Garbage Out...the wrong holes punched on a card would mean San Francisco got the bomb instead of Moscow... and they made sure the IN was accurate.
Today, every place you go, your every keystroke on line is being compiled and YOU are now the DATA...think about it.
7. MORE people from around the world will come online and fall for the BS that all you have to do is push a few buttons and you'll get rich overnight.
There will be MORE hucksters, scammers and scumbags online more than ever and there will be an endless stream or suckers...see point 1.
8. More boys will become girls.
9. There will be a lower class revolution, think Tea Party with Molotov Cocktails as Congress tinkers with Medicaid, Welfare and other Entitlement programs. They don't have to do anything to provoke the riots, just think about doing something.
10 LeBron James will continue to play basketball, HATED in Cleveland and Loved in Miami and Akron.
Let's see how these 10 play out and how good I am against the PROS.
ONE last TREND...less and less of Gordon online, after all, what does a 17 year old pregnant girl know about anything anyhow?
Last edited by GordonJ : June 23, 2012 at 01:29 PM.