SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 7, 2013, 01:25 PM
Eva

Default Re: Use Google Hangout...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve MacLellan View Post
I think if you were to limit the class to those who can attend some sessions at your house, you would be limiting the income you could make.

You could take students from anywhere, and offer the instruction via Goggle Hangout. Then once you were finished, Goggle can publish the video of you and your students to your blog. You make that post password protected and give the password to your students. They can then go in and review the lesson, and questions can be posted in the comments section -- much better than having them email you questions, because you only have to answer the question once and then everyone can see it.

If you haven't heard of Google Hangout, I have a post about that on my blog, that will let you view a demo, and has links to get you started. Best of all -- Goggle Hangout is free, and won't cost you a penny. And... you can repeat the process with different classes

You can see the post here:
http://50alone.com/hangout-with-frie...-family-online

Hope this helps -- and I wish you the best of luck!

Regards,
Steve MacLellan

I really appreciate you alerting me to this new way of doing things and I will defenitely check it out. I was not planning to hold classes at my house though, I was planning to rent a club house at a local upscale manufactured home community (not a trailer trash park, lol).

Your suggestion and my clarification of a potential location will draw different animals though so maybe I can do both, thanks again, Eva

Edit: WOW, Hangout, what an amazing tool! Also, when I looked at your site, seems like 50+ is your market, guess I fit right in (I'm 56, lol). The possibilities with that tool are endless! Adding the 50+ angle to it gives me a whole bunch of ideas, especially since I live in the middle of the National Forest myself. Off to further research....

Last edited by Eva : January 7, 2013 at 08:36 PM. Reason: added