SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 17, 2014, 07:19 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default I also like this system, too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornell View Post
Then try this and see if it helps you out....

http://www.hubspot.com/blog-topic-generator
Thanks Cornell!

Like everyone, I sometimes struggle with finding good topics...

When you want to write something - and can't find a good topic to write about - it's easy to bang your head against a wall and give yourself a concussion!

However, I use an adaptation of Denny Hatch's system, which you can read about here...

One Secret for Advancing Your Career: Create a private archive, then exploit it, by Denny Hatch
http://www.targetmarketingmag.com/ar...oit-it-401863#

The essence of this system is to save and categorize interesting news stories you read. These news stories can then later provide the inspiration for any articles you want to write, on that specific topic!

I also have taken inspiration from James Altucher's method, which is essentially to always carry around a notepad and pen, and write down everything... Including observations, ideas, and everything else. You can then refer to these later, when you need them.

How A Waiter’s Pad Saved My Life, by James Altucher
http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2012/05...saved-my-life/

I always carry around a "telescopic" pen, because it easily fits in my pants pocket, clipped to my small protective notepad cover with the small notepad in it (I often wear T-shirts, so I don't always have a shirt pocket)... A "telescopic" pen is a pen which can "shrink" to about half its length, similar to the way a telescope can "shrink" in length. I used to carry around short pens, but I found them hard to write with because of their short length. A telescopic pen solves the problem - it's very portable (since it shrinks), and yet is also easy to write with too!

I tried the link you provided, Cornell, and I like it too!

I thought the "blog topic generator" came up with some good topics... If you do struggle for topics, it's a great resource!

Thanks!

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : January 17, 2014 at 07:30 PM.