SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18, 2014, 12:25 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Great website, Tom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalwood View Post
Robert,

Thank you for the nice words. My senior stuff is at:

http://senior2senior.org

Everything is free on the site with one exception. It is my Senior Pride magnetic ribbon. I sell it for $5 and it is the only fund raiser our Ministry uses. We don't ask for government money, foundation money or even a donation from members.

If there is anything useful for you, please take it. And, if you feel so inclined share it.
Hi Tom,

I had a look at your website... I have no doubt your website has saved some lives...!

I like the web page on the three things to do to find out if someone is having a stroke. I didn't know those things. Stroke is pretty scary, unfortunately, I'm in a risk category (high blood pressure, for instance)...

Everyone should read that page, as it could save lives (as you say)!

http://www.senior2senior.org/strokeid.html

That first joke on your "jokes" page also made me laugh out loud!

Quote:
As for hemp, I might publish, on this forum, some of its uses. That way, the idea people may come up with programs that work. Like Don Alm said in one of his posts, some of those WSO's don't live up to their hype.

Here on the Pub, there ain't no hype, just doers. I have an idea for a hemp food product but didn't get a good feeling from some of the manufacturers I looked at. Since it is food and this is regulation central (FDA, FTC, etc.) I want to be sure everything not only gets off on the right foot but stays there. The DEA is pretty quick to send in its SWAT team to "protect the citizens".

Anyway, got long winded there when I just meant to give you the senior site.

Have a good day.
I've heard about how hemp can be better, for example, as a building material, than what we use nowadays... I don't know that much about it, but I have a friend who's told me about this multiple times. (And no, he doesn't smoke the stuff...)

There's a single farm in Australia where hemp is legal to grow as a material, to make fabrics, or for the oil, etc...

http://www.hempfarm.com.au

I'm sure with the "other" uses of hemp becoming legalized in some states, the constructive uses of hemp could become more common too... I don't know that much about it, but I have heard of some of these things. (By the way, I have never smoked it, unless you count second-hand smoke at some parties I went to as a college student... I was very active in the student radio station as an undergrad, and that student radio crowd at my college liked to party...!)

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : August 18, 2014 at 03:44 AM.