SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 18, 2014, 03:54 PM
sandalwood

Default Re: Hemp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Alm View Post
Yup.....I spent 12 years in rural Colorado and knew many ranchers who told me that "Hemp" made the BEST rope for lariats and other uses but they couldn't use it because it was illegal.

Now that MaryJane is legal in Coloraddy....the ranchers can now use Hemp in their lariats and ropes BUT.....from my experience seeing friends (in Chicago) as I was growing up.....I KNOW that MJ is the first step to Drug Addiction and from my experience...I'd rather have Hemp be illegal than reading about zillions of kids stumbling around in a stupor.

Google "Amsterdam" and see photos of what city parks in a large city look like (where ANY drug use is permitted) and.....imagine cities in Coloraddy looking the same!

"HIP HIP HOORAY..... LIBERALISM WINS AGAIN!"

IT's only a matter of time! If you're around in 20 yrs YOU will NOT believe what our, once great country, looks like.

Don Alm.....sad to see the "good" people in America just sitting back and doing nothing as the "Libbies" take over!

Don,

Thanks for your comments. However I can see they are based on one side of the cannabis tree. I thought I made it plain that cannabis sativa produced 2, count 'em, 2 different chemicals.

One is THC. This is the stuff you are writing about. Yep, it'll get you higher than a kite. I AIN'T talking about that.

The 2nd chemical is CBD. This IS the side I am talking about. It has the medicinal byproducts. BTW, hemp being a cousin of MJ has been arrested for being a relative of the cannabis joystick: THC.

That would be like getting arrested because your cousin robbed the gas station. Might as well convict both Alm's because, after all, they are related.

Sorry you experienced druggies. I have a feeling we all have experienced druggies and will continue to experience druggies for as long as we are alive. They ain't going away.

Here are some facts you may not know about hemp:

1) Hemp is among the oldest industries on the planet, going back more than 10,000 years to the beginnings of pottery. The Columbia History of the World states that the oldest relic of human industry is a bit of hemp fabric dating back to approximately 8,000 BC.

2) Presidents Washington and Jefferson both grew hemp. Americans were legally bound to grow hemp during the Colonial Era and Early Republic. The federal government subsidized hemp during the Second World War and U.S. farmers grew about a million acres of hemp as part of that program.

3) Hemp Seed is nutritious and contains more essential fatty acids than any other source, is second only to soybeans in complete protein (but is more digestible by humans), is high in B-vitamins, and is a good source of dietary fiber. Hemp seed is not psychoactive and cannot be used as a drug.

4) The bark of the hemp stalk contains bast fibers, which are among the Earth's longest natural soft fibers and are also rich in cellulose; the cellulose and hemicellulose in its inner woody core are called hurds. Hemp stalk is not psychoactive. Hemp fiber is longer, stronger, more absorbent and more insulative than cotton fiber.

5) According to the Department of Energy, hemp as a biomass fuel producer requires the least specialized growing and processing procedures of all hemp products. The hydrocarbons in hemp can be processed into a wide range of biomass energy sources, from fuel pellets to liquid fuels and gas. Development of biofuels could significantly reduce our consumption of fossil fuels and nuclear power.

6) Hemp grows well without herbicides, fungicides, or pesticides. Almost half of the agricultural chemicals used on U.S. crops are applied to cotton.

7) Hemp produces more pulp per acre than timber on a sustainable basis, and can be used for every quality of paper. Hemp paper manufacturing can reduce waste-water contamination. Hemp's low lignin content reduces the need for acids used in pulping, and its creamy color lends itself to environmentally friendly bleaching instead of harsh chlorine compounds. Less bleaching results in less dioxin and fewer chemical by-products.

8) Hemp fiber paper resists decomposition, and does not yellow with age when an acid-free process is used. Hemp paper more than 1,500 years old has been found. Hemp paper can also be recycled more times than wood based paper.

9) Hemp fiberboard produced by Washington State University was found to be twice as strong as wood-based fiberboard .

10) Eco-friendly hemp can replace most toxic petro-chemical products. Research is being done to use hemp in manufacturing biodegradable plastic products: plant-based cellophane, recycled plastic mixed with hemp for injection-molded products, and resins made from the oil, to name just a very few examples.

Like I said, this is from the CBD side of the cannabis tree. I'd rather experience these benefits than fall prey to the lunacy of marijuana being a gateway drug that will have all of our children stumbling around in a stupor. It has been around a long time and hasn't fulfilled that phony prophecy. That line was taken straight out of Reefer Madness a government propaganda film put out by the Federal Bureau of Narcotics in the '30s. The chief of the bureau was a pure 100% teatotaling prohibitionist blinded by bigotry.

Here is the real kick in the ass - The CBD in HEMP negates the THC those poor stumbling stuporized children are in no matter how long they've been smoking THC. Imagine that. One cousin can function as a caregiver for the other. Who wudda thought it?

Oh yeah, you already have natural CBD receptors in your body. So even you have it in your body. Are you stumbling around in a stupor?

I could go on for hours but thought this little bit of info may help. Since I am neither a libbie nor a democrat nor a marijuana smoking stuporized child nor a government camp follower I thought I'd present the other side of the issue so people can understand it.

BTW, kind sir, read USG Patent 6630507 and see what the scientists say about CBD. Now you don't have to do any of the things I mention I realize. However, if you do, you may be in a better position to help those you know who smoke the whacky tobacky.

Just my 2 cents...