SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 8, 2015, 04:31 PM
Don Alm

Default Re: Getting back in touch for fun and profit

Right on Dien......I also like to stay in touch with former "Students" (people who paid me to be their "consultant" on some of my projects)

One guy I contacted last week to see what he was up to.....told me he now has 2 helpers in his Photo Biz.

He lives in a resort area and loves Photography. He contacted me a couple yrs ago and asked me if I knew of a way he could make money with his camera.

I told him to do, "Smile, your on Candid Camera"!

I told him I'd help him set up a WebSite where he could UpLoad photos and, his "Subjects" could go up and view the photos (he had taken of them) and...purchase them!

When I was living in the Aspen area there were photogs who were snapping photos of Skiers who were told they could go to their Photo Shop and purchase the photos later that day.

Also.....some yrs ago I visited Waikiki Beach and there was a guy there with a Booth where you could get your photo taken with a Life-Size photo cutout of a celebrity...for 10 bux (This was in the Polaroid days)

This gave me the idea of setting up a "Photog on the street" where a guy with a camera would approach a group of tourists and ask if he could snap their pictures.

Most people loved to have their photo taken in a place they were visiting, maybe for the first and only time.

He'd then hand them a card giving the URL of the website they could go see their photos......(and purchase them)

So.....my "student" has turned this little money-maker into an "enterprise".

Reminds me of when I got one of my Hot Flashes when one of my sons was getting married. I found that MANY people could not attend, for one reason or another soooo.....I thought, "Let's see. Why don't I set up a website where....I'd take come "candid" shots of the wedding and reception and post them up on my website....the evening of the wedding....so that those who couldn't make it would be able to see what went on.

Soooo.....I got the site set up and gave the URL on the Invitations and.... they LOVED it!

So.....I then contacted the owner of a local Wedding Venue who had a wedding almost every weekend. He felt he could get GREAT Promotional Value by offering "Instant Wedding Photos"....and he did.

I then proceeded to Sell the program to other wedding venues where someone on their staff would take the photos and upload and I'd handle the Web details.

I STILL have the domain (Instant Wedding Photos dot com)

So.....again...thanks for letting me bring some of "my stuff"....."Off My Memory Hooks".

Don Alm......