SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 27, 2015, 05:23 PM
spyglass

Default Re: What it's not...

Yeah, Dien, people looking for a magic gateway to vast riches without putting anything but casual work into the process to get it, is what fuels the Internet Marketing industry. Unfortunately, too many marketers takes disadvantage of this brain blip and comes out with one shiny half baked, unproven, untested, outright bogus make money system after the other for the lazy hopefuls to spring another $17 -$27-$37-$47 or more dollars on.

It appears most people looking to venture into a business online approaches it with the mind set of a hobbyist, not a serious entrepreneur in the making. I was guilty of this attitude for longer than I care to admit. Hence why they are constantly on the hunt for the elusive fairy dust business model that once set up, will pump out money in bushels daily with them barely having to pay attention to anything but their growing bank statement and World Of Warcraft ranking.

WSOs catering to these bound for frustration mindsets are all over the Warriors Forum with more coming daily. One WSO marketer sends me an alert to buy a "must have" this or that software or my success is in question. He does this two to four times weekly. He claims to have an offline business servicing clients, but a huge chunk of hid income as far as I am concerned from is pushing products on his list weekly just for the purpose of making money, not what is best for his list. If you have a solid evergreen model working for you, you hardly need to buy another marketing tool twice or more weekly. He gets this but doesn't give a crap if he can palm off some more stuff and make money. He is one of tons of other marketers with the same attitude.

Recently, after writing this post I decided to enter into a venture that is a simple age old model souped up for the 21st century. It is possible and part of my plan to build the model to what may be what Harvey refers to as a third gear position. Someone who has a solid business using this model for whatever reason(s) has placed himself in a second gear position and still makes an enviable income working two hours daily and then playing golf most week days. When profits allows, I plan to hire a competent project manager to handle the implementation day to day activities, moving myself to the third gear position, allowing me to concentrate on getting more business.

Harvey has likely built his model whereby he can have almost no involvement, in a say 4th or 5th gear position. No idea how to get to these gears yet, but I will be happy with being in third gear, involved about six to twelve hours weekly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon and everyone,

I think one thing which has to be kept in mind is that these are not "get rich quick" schemes...

I think - maybe subconsciously - many people are looking for schemes where, once they know the "secret," money will fall into their lap like magic...

(That's probably why "The Secret" was so popular! As that's more-or-less what it supposedly promised... I won't rant on about it now, but I believe there are many "flaws" in "The Secret"... which is why most of the "believers" in "The Secret" are pretty much the same as they were before they bought it...)

With any Brody or Cossman type of approach, you still have to build a business. Where it is different is your chance of succeeding is greatly increased, and your chance of failing is greatly decreased... Plus, when you succeed, you can succeed "bigger" than you would have otherwise.

But it's not a "get rich quick" scheme, and you're still building a business...!

It's also not necessarily "easy" to do... Not every "toll position" is a strong one (as "spyglass" pointed out with his early efforts), so it can take some "digging" to get those strong toll positions...

But is it worth the effort? One "strong" toll position can set you up for life...

I think I remember Gordon mentioning that Benjamin Suarez would have, on average, 1 successful product out of every 7 products he promoted (and he's made millions with that success rate)! I do believe the Brody or Cossman success rate is actually higher than that... But it's not "magic," and you still need to build a business.

Best wishes,

Dien