SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 16, 2000, 07:23 AM
Jason van Hooft

Default How to become a doer!

Firstly, I must say what a pleasure it has been to read the posts on this site.

It’s a credit to Both Dean and Gordon and all the posters.

I haven't been on the Internet for a few years and its good to see a few familiar names still hitting the boards, in particular your posts Gordon, they are now, as they were previously, inspiring to make me want to DO more.

By explanation, I recently was in email contact with Gordon reminiscing and swapping mail order ideas, when he mentioned this site and invited me to drop by, I'm glad I did.

Back to your subject Gordon, here's the two things I do to make sure I'm a doer every day ...

1 - Every morning when I get up, I make it a priority to do one thing that day I have never done before. Something brand new. It may be something that needs to be done to reach a goal, it may be doing something in a different way than I've ever done it before, but without fail, every day I do something I've never done before!

Avidly sticking to this rule has changed my life. Just using this little technique has helped me reach more goals in the last 3 years than ever before in my life.

It may sound a little stupid but really think about it, if every day you did one thing you have never done before, then every year you would experience 365 new events, feelings, reactions and emotions. IT MAKES YOU GROW!

2 - the second thing I do every day without fail is meet one new person. Again that's 365 new people, feelings, reactions and emotions. Generally it's a total stranger, a bank teller, a salesperson, a taxi driver, doesn't matter. But here's the key ... I don't just say hello, but I make it a point of introducing myself personally, and tell that person they have helped make my day better. It's not always easy, but I tell you, It makes me feel great!!

And when I feel great, I'm a doer!!

Goof profits to you all..
Jason van Hooft

Do something different today - visit my new site!w!