SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 18, 2015, 12:39 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default A great post... how to not get stuck on a treadmill...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMcGrath View Post
You may or may not have heard of Harvey Brody.

The quick version of putting it is that Harvey is a genius…

If you don’t know Harvey, you can can grab the complete story here: http://www.infomarketingblog.com/toll-postion-secrets/

For the last 6 months, I’ve been studying Harvey’s original Toll Position Course. I’ve also spent hours with Harvey, going over his concepts with him on the phone, and trying to drill his ideas through my thick skull…

Anyway, if you go through Harvey’s teachings, you’ll find out the concept of acquiring “stored value” from Toll Positions other people have somehow abandoned…

You might wonder how someone might go about making this happen.

That’s why I’m going to show you, right here and now, how I took Harvey’s concept and acquired a toll position for myself in less than 90 days:
Hi Ryan,

Thanks... This is an extremely exciting post!

It's also exciting to "meet" someone traveling along similar pathways...

The pathway of acquiring toll positions is a fantastic one. As Harvey himself says, it's actually often to acquire than to create your own toll positions (though you can do that too).

When you acquire toll positions, though, you are leveraging "stored value" that's out there, and which is underutilized, or not even being utilized at all!

These should be exciting words for any who want to make a living from toll positions...

When you do it right, your toll positions will be working for you. Why be stuck on a treadmill? Many "successful" people do just that - they're still stuck on a daily or weekly treadmill - when there's no need to live that way...

While I haven't exactly done what you've done, I've acquired copyright toll positions in various ways. I recently acquired the complete copyrights to some audiobooks (in a non-marketing niche), for example...

In that case, I acquired them directly from the author. However, it doesn't always work out. I corresponded with one well-known "old school" marketer (many here would be familiar with his name), but he didn't want to do a profit-sharing type of deal, he only wanted to sell the rights to his works outright (for a very high figure). In another case, I had difficulty dealing with the widow of a different author. However, I'm still learning, and getting better at knowing what I'm doing as I go along...

Thanks Ryan for sharing! This is an immensely valuable and insightful post!

For those who don't want to be stuck on a treadmill... This is a post to take note of...

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : July 18, 2015 at 04:10 PM.