SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 12, 2016, 10:38 PM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Cults are all around us... influencing you, influencing me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Yet,

for too many...

the last four years has been a

spinning of the wheels,
a bogging down
a digging of a deeper rut

a flitting about like a butterfly in the garden...

Since I met with Dien Rice on the veranda of the Sheraton Suites we've had two presidents, 9/11, Wars, history making elections...

and here we are again about ready to vote our guy into office.

So, I'm going to discuss the Hidden and Forbidden Persuaders, as well as the old mantras of

Planning/Execution/Adjustment

Join in if you want, or not.
Hi Gordon,

Count me in!

Like you, I learn from everything persuasion-related I can get my hot little hands on (or feast my eyes on, or turn my ears towards)...

There's a lot out there on how the GOP front-runner is using hypnosis... and other persuasion techniques...

The latest suggestion I came across is this one...

Saul Alinsky's 12 Rules for Radicals
https://www.instapaper.com/read/699165814

Quote:
"RULE 5: 'Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.' There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions."
As they say, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king...

The others have no idea what's hitting them...

I once stayed in a weird hotel. It was in Philadelphia. It's since been closed... I stayed there in 1994. It closed in 2006.

The hotel was called the "Divine Tracy Hotel." It was run by the followers of a African-American preacher from the early 20th century, named Father Divine.

Men and women had to sleep on different floors of the hotel. (Yes, you read that right.)

Women were not permitted to wear trousers, shorts, or short skirts, and had to wear long skirts. Men had to tuck in their shirts, and shirts had to have sleeves. Socks had to be worn - bare feet were prohibited!

Father Divine started his own religion. While Jesus was the Son come to earth, he preached that he was the Father coming down to earth.

Father Divine prohibited his followers from getting married. The ironic thing was, he did get married himself (to a Caucasian woman). They never had kids, though.

His wife - who's known as Mother Divine - is still alive. (He was quite old when they married, and she was quite young. She's now in her 90s.)

However, because his followers couldn't get married (and have kids), the religion has been slowly dying out.

What I'm getting at is, there was a cult leader named Jim Jones... The founder of Jonestown. Yeah, that one.

A few years after Father Divine's death, Jim Jones claimed to be "Father Divine in a new body"... And tried to take over his movement. Mother Divine blocked him, though.

So, yeah, cult happenings...

Cults in business? You bet. Just look up "Landmark Education." Originally founded by Werner Erhard. Who got his early training from L. Ron Hubbard, who started Scientology.

Cults are scary... But if you don't learn about them, you could be manipulated, without knowing it...!

As I said, Gordon... Let me in, and teach me!

Best wishes,

Dien

Last edited by Dien Rice : March 12, 2016 at 11:04 PM.