SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 28, 2016, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Default And on craigslist too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
I've sold all kinds of things on eBay...

Many years ago, I managed to pick up a whole bunch of Rio MP3 Players cheap. (These were in the days before the Apple iPod...)

I can't really remember how I got them, now. But they were brand new, still sealed in their packaging.

I sold them on eBay. Made a good profit, too!

Other times I bought and sold DVD box sets. (I bought them cheap from a local store, that sold them as "loss leaders"... Probably sold them below their cost, to bring people into the store. I found I could sell them on eBay for a good profit.)

I bought and sold second-hand laptops. Now, in this case, I didn't always sell on eBay. However, I often bought on eBay - and sold through the local trade newspaper. I could make hundreds of bucks per sale!

Now, I haven't sold on eBay for a while... But I'm gearing up to do some more. (Through a different business venture, I happen to be stuck with two boxes of new electronics... which I think I'll just sell on eBay. That's the easiest way, I figure, to turn it into cash...)

Anyway, I hadn't read much about eBay lately. Remember when it was the hot new thing?

It turns out, people are still making big bucks on eBay...

I came across this article...

It's about a retired fighter pilot selling cellphone accessories, electronics, and workwear on eBay in the UK. And...

He's turning over £100,000 British pounds - or over $140,000 US dollars - a year!

(I don't know what his actual profit is... But I'm sure he's making a decent amount of profit...)

Hmmm... Turns out he hires two staff to help him out to sell all that stuff...!

The point is... some of the ways to make money that may now seem "old"... still work!

Meet Britain's oldest eBay seller who turned his hobby into a business making £100,000 a year
http://www.mirror.co.uk/money/meet-b...seller-7537365

Best wishes,

Dien

Thanks Dien, that old fellow reminds me of ME. HA!

I mostly use ebay to find current value, market value, via the SOLD LISTINGS...

nothing beats proof people are buying stuff.

You raise the problem which most people get hung up on...the WHAT to sell, see, even now someone wants to know about LAPTOPS.

One way to move laptops is to load them with cheap or free software and offer them as a "business solution", especially to Internet Marketers.

But, looking for certain things can get harder to do, which is why I use ebay and Amazon to find out what people are paying.

Most people have a wrong take on buying and selling, mostly chasing the bigger scores, like Yeezy Sneakers, selling for over 1000 bux on ebay but with a very limited source.

If you understand that 20% is an outstanding return on your investment, then you can do really well, if your 1000 dollars can net you 1200 in a short period of time, you can grow into larger cash deals.

Try this, search your local craigslist...type in for sale in the "search craigslist" box and then put in 249 as the minimum price and 449 as the maximum. Here is a price range where you can easily find 80-120 dollar profits in a matter of hours.

It will return EVERYTHING in the price range, your job is to search for undervalued stuff. How do you know? ebay and amazon!!!!

Say you see a Sony notebook for sale for 249 and the same thing has been sold on ebay for 349, you see a gross of 100 bux, after shipping and handling if you make 60-80 bux profit, a pretty good hours work (if you don't know what you are doing).

Stand in the gap. Everyday, mundane, Parade of Life Chattel changes hands and puts profits into one's pockets, if you do like certain things, like laptops, by all means search for them and sell them.

But day in and day out, you'll find bargains on one or the other and you flip them on the other, or in craigslist case, I just relist them with a superior ad.

Gordon