SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 18, 2016, 10:28 AM
Administrator

Default YEAAH....I'm getting rich.

With their permission, sans names and locales...I've got my first consulting gigs at those high priced executive rates found here:

http://www.gjabiz.com/020.html

#1- Thinks he wants to start a Co-Op or Shared Office Space business. He Google...and his location. I gave a search and then we spoke for 20 mins.

There can be some twists and turns pu on this idea. I like the idea of making it a shared training center, where his Shared Office Space could host a permanent training business. Also, it could act as a 'library alternative'.

We have a decent library here in the Falls, but it can be full and hard to get on computers. So, we talked about a place where the old Internet cafe model could serve a purpose.

Finding decent space to make presentations, do consulting or mentoring and tutoring is becoming harder to find. Many libraries have gone the "paid" route if you take money, if you are a business...and want to use their space.

After 20 minutes, his head was spinning with excitement and with the assignment to research the market need and to explore his community for potential locations and begin to flesh out a business plan.

When Dien and I first met in Cuyahoga Falls 16 years ago, I shared the work I had done, including full page ads, self mailers, direct response mail pieces, etc., etc. I remember discussing George Haylings with him, we had talked about Haylings on one of the forums, probably the Dave Bancroft forum.

BUSINESS IDEAS. For several years Dien offered his newsletter and it was some of the best work done, too much I would say, giving too much detail.

Anyhow, one of the reasons I'm doing the GET RICH QUICK deal, is (and as Dien has noted, it could suddenly disappear)...

is to get a feel for what people are thinking today.

What are some of the unusual and little known businesses people are thinking of.

OK, so the first guy s thinking of some sort of a space, fitted with a few computers, and has multiple purposes. It could be very low cost entry business with some planning.

#2 This person wrote and asked about his sales funnel and his niche.
I felt he had unrealistic expectations about the niche, and what his projections were. We spent our phone time crunching numbers.

I have a background in spreadsheets, thanks to US Navy, and it is one of my default positions. Let's plug in the numbers and see what they say.

I pointed out he had a common error in his thinking, the fact he LOVED his idea, was not an indication there was either a demand or a market for it. Sometimes a piece of cheese in the old mouse trap is all we need. Making things better, isn't a sure way to the market. It is one way, and sometimes can be the home run we all would like to hit.

But often as not, a great idea which "everyone will want"...turns out to be a dud which NO one wants. He's back at the drawing board for now.

#3 Would be copy writer. Has spent the last year spending money and studying and taking courses. I told him he needed to start selling something NOW. The only way to improve at writing copy which sells stuff, is

to try to sell stuff.

Seems to be a misconception there is a "starting point", when I get the courses done, when I know more, when I get my certificate saying I'm a copywriter. I did offer to sell him one, and would even mount it for only 19.95.

Sort of like the Wizard in Oz. Gave the scarecrow a diploma, and watched him turn into Einstein.

An aside, offering certifications is an advanced strategies of many people and institutions, as was pointed out in a recent thread, it is a 6th or 7th gear Harvey Brody strategy he is CURRENTLY employing.

Anyhow,
I'm calling my realtor to discuss the mansion for sale in new Cuyahoga Falls, a real beauty, only 500,000 bux on 10 acres, should sell for 1.5 M in this area, why so cheap...it is down wind of the county dump and poop factory in the valley, and as Meatloaf might say...

"On a hot summer's day..." well, you have to live inside the mansion through the summer.

But, since I'm quickly getting richer by the day, maybe I'll buy the dump and close it down.

Got an idea you don't want to post here? Give me an email, let's talk.

Gordon Jay Alexander