SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 30, 2016, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Default Some good questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J. View Post
Gordon, just one of these APV's pulling in $50 per week would make a big difference for me. I'm scrambling to replace a $3K-year second job.

Of course, I'd love to build something bigger/better to supplement my retirement savings or replace my FT, but for now ... one APV x $50 is my goal.

Two obvious questions that I'm almost embarrassed to ask:

1) Where/how do you host/deliver the PDF to the customers?

2) Picking a niche: Obviously something with a long-term customer potential is best ... or something with a decent back-end. Any other/better suggestions for niche-finding?

Thanks for the APV posts!

Easiest host, dropbox Free, if you don't have one go sign up. I'm sure someone here can offer additional space if you use their link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z2qnxkadbi...token.pdf?dl=0

Should give you the Nectar Report, which was created with Open Office and exported to pdf.

Look this over for ideas:

http://publications.usa.gov/USAPubs.php?NavCode=C

Many of these pubs could be tweaked and branded and allow one to quickly create a hotsheet or report.

I mentioned Warrior Barb Ling, who took in over 4k in about 10 days according to her newsletter, all from a "dimesale" of a Cheatsheet (hotsheet) on list building. Suggest you find her at WF and see what she is doing with these one page cheatsheets. Might be a good template or model.

I like to suggest niches which are familiar. Example, just got off the phone with a contractor, I advise him to stay with what he knows, building things. Many sub niches there.

What hobbies? I used to teach golf, had many golf products, did well, until it became a pain in the patoot. But any hobby/interest.

I saw a couple of guys I went to school with today in the Parade, they were driving Camaros, and belong to a club, probably have all kinds of facebook and local/national clubs.

True story. My brother had a '67 442 (one of the hottest in town)...he used to buy his chrome from a little store of less than 500 square feet, and today...that guy who sold him his chrome...is the owner of SUMMIT racing, a pretty, pretty, pretty big operator in the auto aftermarket.

But keep it simple, do it quick, keep adding on.

Don't need a web site, use dropbox to host your promotion (either pdf, html) use PayPal to get started.

Use FREE or cheap PLR to create reports.
Simple sales page.

Send me an email and tell me your background/interests and maybe I'll have better suggestions for you.

BUT...get started now. Shouldn't take more than 10 days at the longest.

Gordon

PS. The above a quick start no cost way. But, to stay in the game for a long time, get a website.

My only requirement for my "apprentices" is they get one with Cpanel and Softaculous (about 90%) cheap is fine to get started. Since I'm not an affiliate to any of them, find a web host which is cheap, and probably one which offers free domains to get started is ok.

Once you have a website, you will host both the product and the promotion there, and use Dropbox/Google etc. as backups.

In addition to PDF files, the fastest "product" to create is probably an AUDIO file, although most people don't like them. I try to limit mine to under 10 minutes, these days.

An APV site could vend Video and Courses too, but to keep things simple and for a fast start, create a PDF file. Easy, peasy and may be profitable.

The extra 50 bux a week might look like 5 sales of a ten dollar report or 10 @ 5 buckeroos. Always a good idea to have a back end, which could be an affiliate product.

The secret, and in MY opinion, THE MOST IMPORTANT PART of IM, is targeted traffic...not so easy to come by. BUT, really, the ONLY thing one needs to make money online...

products to sell---a dime a dozen
promotions----easy to write or outsource (requires spending)

PEOPLE TO BUY (traffic) is the Holy GRAIL to IM.

Last edited by GordonJ : May 31, 2016 at 07:28 AM.