SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 11, 2016, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Default How to use ChickenSh!t Marketing for your personal fortune.

This post will keep growing throughout the day as I continue to add to it.

I want you to see some OPPORTUNITY in the "ChickenSh!t" marketing I dissed on yesterday, so why not let us pan for gold where we know gold exists, in the Financial Newsletters division of the Infopreneur Holding Company.

In other words, lets transport back to DEADWOOD, 1875. Thar's Gold in them thar hills, albeit in a supposedly sovereign land with do not enter signs posted at the border.

I loved Howard Ruff newsletters, and got several financial pubs of the day, one of my favorites was Avant Garde and the way Ralph Ginzburg got his subscribers, via great ads.

Joe Karbo suggested I subscribe to Jim Straw's Business Opportunities Digest and I have a great story I'll share about Jim later in the thread.

So, I'm no stranger to Weiss, Stansberry, Bonner, Gartman, AND...

Buffet, Graham and Putnam (I think they either performed at Woodstock or represented OJ in somewhy?)

And the Chickensh!t Marketing has always been a part of it, or if your Prefer the Chicken Little (sky is falling, sky is falling) stirring the chaos.

Harry Browne, and Howard Ruff bred the likes of Kurt Saxon, Art Bradley, et al.

Point being I've been around this sort of stuff for over half a century.

Learned a lesson from Charlie Green in 1969 on the sub, he said, long before Tony Robbins, the map is not the territory along with GIGO.

Thus, I've subscribed to many newsletters, they won't find my name on their lists...being a paranoid sucker for such things and not wanting membership in any club which wants me as a member, HA!

OK. As I warned up front this is going to be an all day post, and perhaps, maybe...possibly

I'll get around to making a point, one which you may choose to prosper from, OK?

Let's begin with the size of the Universe. NO, not Einsteins, most of you know by now, I ain't no Einstein (E=MC3).

In Remote Direct Marketing the Universe is the size of your potential market. For example, Vegans. There are an estimated 1 million Vegans in US, and about 7 million vegetarians.

So, the universe for vegans would be one million. Omaha Steaks would not rent this list to try to sell gifts too (unless they had money to burn).

How big is the Universe for Financial Newsletters? I don't know, but let pull a number out of my hat (or other end). 5 million.

5 million Americans have investment money, and are targets for Financial Advice. It could be much more, or half of that. I do know the newsletters can get between 1500 to 20,000 subscribers, over that, you are looking at Cramer type TV personality advice, nothing substantial.

The Chickensh1t Marketer knows his Universe, and laser focuses (or maybe laissez faires them) and creates his message to match the market.

And most of these guys know their customer avatar down to the Cuban cigars they prefer. Ah, the beauty of data and lists, thank you Charlie Green.

With a decent priced newsletters, you don't need a lot of subscribers, The Gartman Letter used to be around 400 bux a year, I think (it's been awhile) so a 1000 subscribers affords Dennis a new driver now and then, he being an avid golfer and all.

His advice is more main stream investor for commodities as opposed to the Chicknsh1t Newsletter, the "invest today so you can hole up tomorrow" crowd.

Gordon ol pal, where's the opportunity?

Ah yes, bear with me.

Universes. Maybe I'm wayyyyy off, and the Doom and Gloom Fear mongers with money to play with in the stock market is more like 10 million. OK.

How big is the universe of people who want to make an extra 250 bux a week to keep the wolves of today, not of chaos, collapse and financial disaster of the future...off their doorsteps.

How many hate their bosses, and most aren't even rich ones who HOLE up, they are more likely to be A-Holes liking to have people under their thumb.

How many want to start a new business?

How many just want a little extra cash, can barely afford beef bouillion let alone gold bullion, seeking an OPPORTUNITY?

How big do you think that UNIVERSE is? Then, we consider the LTV, the lifetime value of your customer too.

The 400 a year subscriber is nice to have and 1000 of them is sweet.
AT 40 a year, you'd need 10,000 of them, and with software, like Vbulleltin, you can have 1,000,000 members like the Warrior Forum, and maybe get that 40 bux or more from 10,000 out of a million.

We then see the Chickensh!t Marketer and his scare tactics, the run for the hills, sky is falling, the next Great Depression is coming...

VS.

Seize the opportunity, HOPE market.

So a question, which would be a better market for you? Which brings up my Jim Straw story.

When I was a student in S. CA, Joe Karbo introduced me to several people, Jim Straw was one of them, and his Business Opportunities Digest.

Every month Jim would mail out his BOD, and have columns of investors wanted, and people looking to invest.

One day Jim gets a letter from a couple of guys and does a follow up phone call. he used to chuckle as he related this story.

A couple of guys wanted some seed capital and they were offering a 10% share of their start-up for only 50,000 bux. Jim could easily have afforded this, even back then...but he turned them down.

He said he told them on the phone,

"Guys, I just don't get what you are trying to do, why would people want a computer in their home, and besides that, the only Apple I know are the ones I eat, but Steve and Steve, I wish you good luck."

Imagine owning 10% of Apple computer? Would be sweet indeed, eh?

Apple became the de facto upscale TRENDY computer, priced higher but having a "cool" factor the kids and business people wanted. It is sort of like the Chickensh1t Marketers targeting a small niche of investors.

But what would be even better than 10% of Apple for 50k?

What if you could have gotten the same deal for Walmart?

Which would you want today?

Apple sells upscale, most of the financial investors subscribers probably have never set foot in Walmart, or wouldn't be caught dead in one, they would fear the Rolex would be stolen by the store manager.

You won't find this on the demographic avatar of a financial subscriber...shops frequently at Walmart.

So Chickensh!t Marketers want the Apple guys, but, I'll take my peeps at Walmart every day of the week.

Consider this, as you are building your compound or about to flee to S. America or some Pacific Island, or to the New Hampshire or New York mountain retreats...

Go ahead and invest in the hot make your money overnight stocks these fearful gurus advise you to take...or meet me down at Walmart and we'll get a few more rifles, shotguns, ammos and MAPS.

I'll be in the mob knocking on your Chickensh!t retreats soon, if it goes as south as those who HOLE UP in S. America predict. OH, thanks to our very own ATF and DEA, rumor is, S. America has a lot of guns too, in case anyone wants to ride into the hole in the wall and take the gold from the hills of the Gurus.

Ex pat gurus have all the rights of an American Native on Sovereign land circa 1876. Gold rules all.

More about the OPPORTUNITY later.

GordonJ To Be Continued

Last edited by GordonJ : August 11, 2016 at 09:58 AM.