SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 24, 2016, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Default I made 10 bux from a one minute post, but, I get your point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron lafuddy View Post
"PS. But maybe a few more would like to join our game of whack a molu (mole+guru)"

Nah. I'll leave the Guru bashing for others.

The 9 x 12 postcard, as presented at the WF is the hardest way. Like telling folks that they have to scale a 30 foot wall to get to the other side, when there is a path to walk around the wall and keep on going.

No stress, no strain.

Mission accomplished.

Only in this case, not only is the work much harder, the profits are significantly, less due to high postage and printing costs.

I like businesses that produce positive cash flow almost immediately. Most sales businesses can do that. Not the "presented" 9 x 12. You are in the hole and trying to dig out, from the start. Add in a 6 - 8 week timeline for completion and most are dead.

They don't have the financial wherewithal to hang on for 8 weeks, waiting to get paid.

Better to take one of the many "quick cash" projects listed on this forum and put money in your pocket today, tomorrow and the next.

Put money in your pocket every day, for the next 8 weeks. That's the way.

Just my thoughts.

Ron

Me, and a couple buddies, play a game. Started back with The BOZ.

We like to throw things or hit golf balls at things. Throw a rock at the rubbish pile, see if any snakes come out...

hit a golf ball toward the kid driving the cart picking up the balls on the range...

sort of like a card game.

10 bux a pop. One will name a name, or a guru, and we'll see if we can be magicians. In some cases, very easy money.

Maybe, I should hire some of these to teach me how to do it, and get the name of that fiverr who does the graphics????

Maybe she is or there ARE people getting 700 bux a pop for a co-op ad on a 9x12 with 14 ads on it, and perhaps there are people taking 8 weeks to do it...I wish them all continued success.

From my end, that horse is now holding my pictures in the album.

GordonJ

PS. But maybe a few more would like to join our game of whack a molu (mole+guru).
[/quote]

There have been and are many gurus of advertising selling, few can touch Don Alm for the sheer number of programs he has started and run successfully.

The 9x12 wasn't anything new, similar bulk mail had been around for years. But kudos to those who begin Biz-Op programs based on anything and can find people willing to PAY (albeit, not do) for the information.

There are certain pieces of the puzzle, and our last piece just came in. And what we do with it will be ongoing recurring, retirement and residual income for many a moon. But, it wasn't easy to get all the pieces.

I don't like the 9x12 because of the time it takes to fill up the card, the slop and mess of the whole thing, just too much slop.

You and I, Ron, both know better ways to do it. The host is one better way.

Price is a better way. Drip over drop is a better way.

Nothing new, only until now, no one has combined the best of the best with a tested and proven way to make it a practical Biz-Op, which is run like a business and requires certain "markers" or qualifiers for both the distributors or of the business, and this is one of the big problems.

I don't care, nor knock the 9x12 crowd, although I've spoken to many of them, who couldn't come anywhere close to the original promise of the gurus selling their programs. And quit in disgust and despair.

Selling is selling. See the people, but see the right ones (a guy with a bigger budget, is a better candidate for some types of things, but the guy with a little budget isn't being served).

Promises of numbers, or dollars, as some 9x12 types do, be it a 5% response rate or a 10,000 dollar expectation of additional sales is foolish and amateurish to even make these things.

In the post we are referring to at the WF, the OP said it takes 8 to 10 weeks. NOT for me. Numbers ...

700 bux (HA) x 14 = 9800, and there is supposedly 5k in profit (another HA) in it for her selling the ads. Or, there is 5k if she does 2???

So, even if it works, 5k profit in 8 weeks = 625 a week for all that running and chasing around?????? Really? And many of the guys I talked to, weren't getting anywhere near that, and they claim they followed the guru program to the T.

Any ad salesman who can't make 625 a day, isn't working very hard, must be taking the afternoon off to hang out in the bar listening to the local gossip to try to choose their next scheme.

One wedding photographer will gladly pay that, IF you can show her how to get more business, which more than pays for her ads and gives her more and more business.

My view has always been, with all of these things, be they the girl with checks and a pizza box, the guy with the cartoon maps, the menu boards, and on and on and on...

is,

They make things way to complicated and eat into their own net profits rather than focusing on their business, which should simply be

to help other businesses get more business

in a cost effective, tested and proven way to do it, with easily verifiable results and tracking and combining the best of remote direct response with branding and targeted marketing.

10,000 EDDM is a shotgun approach, no matter how any guru tries to spin it into direct response, it is NOT.

Targeted bullseye marketing kills shotgun 366 days a leap year.

Also, only two guys I've found in USA, have perfected their biz-op and have reps for at least 6 to 7 years. You don't stay with a company selling ads, unless...

you are selling ads and making a profit doing it.

But gurus, are nonetheless fun to whack up side the head now and then. The 10 bux, just icing on the cupcake.

GordonJ

Last edited by GordonJ : August 25, 2016 at 08:38 AM.