SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 28, 2016, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Default We'll have these as topics in future episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Thanks for signing up for the Fly Low Collect Dough UPDATE HOTLINE.

Let me talk about the 20 year old posts you rec'd; Multiple Streams and Prospect vs. Product.

First, that was a long time ago, such nostalgia. The new shiny sparkly Internet and the WWW. OK, enough of that.

Multiple streams. Here are 5 everyone here might have, easy to set up with modest goals if left to keep ticking can add significant moolah to your bank.

1) At least ONE Automated Product Vending (APV) website. Like a vending machine where you put money in, your candy bar comes out. Online, they pay and get a product, you drive traffic to it. Hands off, do you have your APV?

2) Affiliate income. So much to choose, Clickbank, JV Zoo, WF+, Amazon or any stand alone type, like water purifiers.

3) Transactions. Make one or a hundred a year. Flip one car for 2k profits.

4) Teaching. Online or off. YOU know something of value and other people will pay you to show them how.

5) Absentee or JV. Could be a simple loan collecting interest, to a food vending route, to an uber owned car. Have something which brings in income with or without your participation.

For discussion, let's set a goal of $2,000.00 per Stream per year.

An APV site selling 100 products at 20 bux each would give you the 2k.

20 "students" a year @ 100 bux each gets you there too.

The post was about not putting your eggs into one basket and I learned the hard way, and got the rug pulled out and took me two years to recover from my losses. It was a blessing in disguise, it only happened once. With multiple streams, at any given time, if need be, you can scale it up or ramp it into a higher stream.

Then you read about PROSPECT vs PRODUCT. There is no right or wrong, and maybe both suit you, like they do me. But the fastest way is PROSPECT first, the proverbial Hungry Market with cash in their hands ready to buy.

You simply set up shop along their parade route.

Sometimes, we get an idea and create a product. I've sold two games I created, and have a couple more up on the shelf. Many moons ago I invented the first variable loft and bounce wedge, and sold it off. Many imitations since then.

The quick summary is, Prospects first for speed, products for longevity, with many variations in between.

Thanks for signing up and if you didn't here's the link so you can figure out what the heck I'm talking about, OK?

www.sowpub.com/flylowcollectdoughhotline/

GordonJ

Discuss?

I've rec'd queries about the one day workshops. I posted about this in this post:

http://www.sowpub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37215

And I've gotten questions about courseware.

I have an advantage having been an instructor for New Horizons Computer Training Center and the Community Computer Training Center.

But the New Horizons courseware was a good one to follow for a one day workshop.

You divide the class into 4 sections, two morning, two afternoon. If you are doing a half day, the go for 2 sections with a 10-15 minute break.

Since I do all of my own, the courseware is created for the class, with customization to make it unique to that person.

Why do I still do this? A couple of reasons, I've gotten even more reclusive than I naturally am, and it is good for me to be around a few people a week rather than just squirrels and birds. And at 125 x 4, for a few hours on a Sat. Morning, all cash, it is a nice Fly LOW deal.

Anyhow, we will focus on this IF you want too, the new UPDATE HOTLINE will be generated from you. If it becomes a conversation between 2 people, then we'll try something new.

But what else can you do on a Sat. Morning, have fun helping people and pocket 500 bux cash and get out of the house? OH wait, you could chattel, but why not share some of those dying brain cells with other people, after all, you've paid for them with your years of experience, why not make them work for you now?

IF you like the idea, or are doing any sort of teaching, share or let me know and I'll feature you in the newsletter, OK?

GordonJ