SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 20, 2016, 05:34 PM
Steve MacLellan

Default Yes, 17 years later...

And I still feel the same way. Society has become even more mechanical... using machines to replace humans in some situations.

A speeding ticket was mailed to me. Had a picture of my vehicle, the time and date of the infraction as well as the location. I didn't have to go to court. I could pay it online.

Go to a grocery store and the self checkout tallies up your items. You pay with a debt card, and it doesn't even say "Have a nice day!"

Want to apply for a job? You need to get subscribe to the job boards online. Most of the employers say, electronic applications only. No phone calls, no follow-ups, and do not come by the office. If you're chosen for an interview, we'll contact you.

How are you supposed to show them what a great guy and asset you would be to their business?

Got a complaint? Use the online form. Register your business or car online. Gotten lost in the city? No need to stop and ask for directions. Just punch the address into Google Maps and set your phone down. It will read the directions to you as you drive.

Heck, I remember years ago that if you wanted a website, you had to hire a developer. Not only are the younger people more computer savvy, things like Wordpress, Wix, Squarespace, Simplesite, Weebly, and a host of others make it so easy that you don't even have to ask a single "how to" anymore. And, if you do have a question about something.... you check their knowledge base for the answer.

But, I've been noticing a trend. REAL people aren't pretending to be mechanical. I find it's a lot easier to walk up to someone in a strange city and start a conversation than it was 10 years ago. People seem to be missing human interaction. It's like they are almost craving it. A buddy and I were driving through Quebec this summer. Stopped and asked a beat cop where there was a good coffee shop with homemade pie. 15 minutes later we knew of 4 wonderful shops to go to. He noticed the guitar in the back seat and admitted he played a little bit too. He and his girlfriend were thinking about moving in together...

Anyway... I stopped by the forum today to share something with you that some of you might find useful. I must admit, I did not check out all of the links. The article says:

"Writing your business plan. Ughhhh.

It’s definitely not the most exciting part of starting a business. In fact, if you’re like a lot of entrepreneurs, you’re probably going to find yourself pulling a few all-nighters to get one done before heading into your first pitch for funding."

Then he lists 10 places where you can download business plan templates for free: https://medium.com/the-mission/top-1...654#.gkym1g2fi

Regards,
Steve