SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 1, 2016, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Default The pop is A tool of the SQ1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpinkpanther View Post
...Am I the only one who HATES the AIDA
formula?
  • Attention
  • Interest
  • Desire
  • Action
The only things I find clear there are the
Attention and the Action.

But the Interest... How do I know what
interests them?

And Desire? How EXACTLY do I make them desire
my offer?

Vague. Vague. Vague!!!

I think I'll go with the POP...

The Pictogrigm of persuasion is part of the Square one Workshops. Let me defend AIDA, BUT I learned it as aidcas.

Attention, Interest, Desire, Conclusion Action SATISFACTION. The s is the most important part.

Allow me to relate this and the POP to Remote Direct Response Selling or marketing.

I'll use a recent example. I have a new Hotsheet. Before I even started writing it, I used a Stimulus/Response matrix to identify the ideal prospect, and the ideal INTERSECTION where the promotion meets that person.

In the old days, the "rule" was you targeted a prospect who had shown interest by being on a list of people who had bought something similar, bought it recently or frequently. But, the general ads, in print, were either targeted to the readers of such things, like Popular Science probably wasn't a good choice to offer Women's clothing. Newspapers were about numbers.

OK, so the HOW you knew or know today, what is their INTEREST, is determined where you put the INTERSECTION (and I'm starting to think I am the preeminent teacher of the Intersection {or interception}concept).

Want to sell Trump hats, don't advertise on a Hillary website, go where his crowd goes. Today, Cleveland Indians jerserys are not a best seller in Chicago.

So their interest has to do with the product itself. See? In my New Hotsheet case, it is targeted toward people who are interested in Instant Persuasion and they have identified themselves by
A) signing up for my new newsletter, then B)responding to the episode in the manner suggested, in this case a specific subject header sent to my email.

So, I KNOW they have interest in the subject. Although maybe many of the forum readers MIGHT have interest, or one of the thousands on our various lists MAY be interested, I know for a fact those which respond in the way I ask, DO, and their interest is immediate and so I make the Intersection about that interest, and create the desire via:

Limited numbers. Bias toward a fear of loss or being left out. Bias for wanting to belong, bias toward secret insider information. All tools for me to use in the promotion, at the Intersection.

That is very targeted, but in the general world, you would use Maslow's Pyramid or the SQ1, to help identify their interests and preoccupations which allow you to construct the best Pre-occupational Interrupter. The POP shows a brick thrown into the bubble. Here is one of my favorite cartoons to illustrate this:

The PI matches the situation, the moment of the Intersection. Desire is created by, like what I used...scarcity, limited time, important to them and their goals, it is on the same frequency as their thinking. Like the cartoon shows.

I'll add to this post to show how to use the SQ1 to get some of these answers too.

GordonJ

Last edited by GordonJ : November 1, 2016 at 05:23 PM.