SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 3, 2016, 11:53 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: OK. Full disclosure

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpinkpanther View Post
Yes, it's a Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/alignacademy

I've pinned the post to the top of the page. It's the top post you'll see when you visit the page.

The link is on the post. From Facebook's stats, only TWO people clicked the link, which takes the visitor to a page on my site

The process in a nutshell:

I'm targeting people interested in career-building skills

I targeted the prospects based on the 6 most populous cities in my country and with the interests

-Smartphones
-Job hunting
-Scholarship
-Career

Male & Female

The expected flow is:

1. Prospect on Facebook sees post in his/her Facebook timeline

2. Prospect clicks through the link on the post and gets redirected to my site

3. Prospect (now site-visitor) reads the copy on my site and clicks through to the form in the CTA

4. Prospect fills the form

When all that is completed, I should now have leads interested in specific career-building skills.

With that, I'll have a clear idea of the type of training courseware to work with in creating specific training

There are now well over 950 "Likes" yet only 2 clicks to the link that redirects them to my site and NO leads.

With these results, I know I'm missing something.

Please what is missing?

Thank you
Hi,

Thanks for asking...!

When I see your post on FB, this is what I see...
"Over 26 million #Nigerians are unemployed or underemployed, according to the National Bureau of Statistics.

In #Nigeria today, more people are in the same #jobsearch with you, competing for the same #jobs.

Find out how you can start building your #career and stand out from the crowd in the #economy.... See More"
Only when I click on "See More" do I see the next line, which is...
"Get FREE details at https://www.alignacademy.com/careers/"
I suspect that many people are not bothering to click on "See More"... So they don't even realize that you are offering "FREE details"...

I would recommend that either you give people a STRONG REASON to click on "See More"... Or at least let them see your offer (of free details) without having to click on "See More"... (This might mean having to shorten the part before your offer.)

The other thing I would do is make the offer much stronger. "FREE details" I feel is not as strong an offer as "Get your FREE report which shows you how to double your chances of getting a job"... or "Watch this FREE video which reveals the 3 things most employers are looking for"... or something like that.

I would always offer good, free information... But don't give them everything for free. Give them some valuable information... This (1) makes people happy, and (2) proves to people that you DO have information that they want to know.

Once they are happy with the free information - and are hopefully hungry for more - then you can sell them your product, course, consulting service, or whatever it is you are offering...

I hope that helps...

Best wishes,

Dien