SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 29, 2016, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Default The Walter Mitty within, often takes over the daily actions which produce results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron lafuddy View Post
...Make it one for my baby and one more for the road"

My experience shows that people are either going to do something or they are not.

While ideas are a dime a dozen, implementing an idea can make you rich.
Implementing, being the key. I find that too many people are searching for more ideas, when they should be about the businesses of DOING with the ideas they have.

Only through work/implementation, does an idea transform into a proven method.

I'm not a "reports" kind of guy. I'm more hands on.

Recently, I saw a women standing in front of a store holding a small sign stating that she had no gas and no food. She had a small gas container next to her.

I bought some fuel and groceries for her.

She sparked an idea.

I went over to Walmart, and bought a few of those insulated carrying cases Bud Riggs talked about in his headlight cleaning video. I'm going to buy the cleaning supplies and put some headlight cleaning kits together.

When I see a person who looks like they could use some help, I'm going to offer to teach them how to perform the service. I'll give them the kit. I'll even get them some jobs, to get them going.

Getting the jobs is the easy part. I could bury them in work!

My results for getting people to show up consistently, on time, ready to work and make some quick cash, is only so-so, at best. Tony Robbins gets people to pay him thousands of dollars, so that they can burn the hell out of their feet, walking across hot coals. I have a hard time getting them to show up, to put easy cash in their hands.

I don't get it.

Still, I'm not one to just give up on something and walk away. I like a challenge. If I get one person out of a hundred who benefits, that's ok. I'm content to put this out there into the universe and see what happens.

I'm not on forums much these days. It's a fantasy world, where dreamers dream about making a gazillion dollars, as they sit in front of a borrowed computer, in someone's basement. They have a sense of entitlement, expecting to be spoonfed ideas and viable methods, that others have worked hard to establish.

I'm cutting back on my online participation. Instead, I'll be spending more time out there in the real world, testing ideas, creating and working new programs, doing what I can, where I can, to make a difference.

I wish everyone here at Sowpub continued health and success.

May the power of the FUD be with you...always!

Ron Lafuddy

Ron, you are right on, please don't disappear, not many real life guys left.

We all are Daydreamers. Unfortunately, most stay daydreamers, look no further than the Warrior Forum (or here) to see the people who have spent 5 years chasing a dream.

Harvey Brody called them "vicarious thrill seekers", they buy programs, books, courses, so they can say "I know that" But they don't KNOW the experience. You know what the milky water looks and feels like when you sandpaper a headlight, and there may be 101 who "know" what it looks like from watching the Boz's Video...

but probably one 1 in 100 know from DOING IT.

The daydreamer has rosy visions of his future, he imagines his life becoming his paradise, he becomes his own victim

of his HABITS. Created from his daily THOUGHTS.

He is also TARGET ONE of the Internet Marketing Gurus, the Biz-Op sellers, the guys (like me) who offer up some HOPE, with our ideas, and even with detailed instruction on the DOING...

all the while knowing Walter is going to fall back into his old habits, while time runs from his hourglass.

This has stuck a nerve with me, and I'm going to address this, probably later today, in more detail.

Suffice, for now... and Thanks Ron, for giving me an idea...Work Kits for the Homeless, Unemployed, and Penniless.

Fits in with teach a man to fish, even though he would rather sit on the shore eating bon bons and let us catch, clean and cook his dinner.

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : November 29, 2016 at 11:51 AM.