SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 26, 2017, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Default the finish line.

Listen, I gave this an ACE space because of the low cost of entry. If you want to talk some more about rack jobbing, and see if it might suit you, then give me a call. I'm giving it some serious thought (for a local company which wants to expand). Maybe a win win for all of us.
      1. Computer Training Center. Among the longer held of my 40+ jobs were those with computers. I got a lot of paid training from New Horizons Computer Training Center, then spent the next 2 years working at Computer Training Center run by a local not for profit. This could be as simple as you and your notebook up at the library giving lessons on Internet Marketing, or, you could repair computers.
I just got off the phone with a guy in Queens, NY who operates a computer repair and cleaning/training center. The competition is fierce. My best advice is to specialize in one of the more useful software programs, and teach it. Locally, a guy specializes in WORD PRESS and he appears to have all the business he can handle.
      1. Local advertiser, with postcards. Probably sick of hearing about this one, but it is an evergreen business. They have to advertise, your local businesses, they get bombarded by advertising salespeople, They DO spend money and some
have an automatic renewal with these companies which include: backs of register tapes, coupon dispensers in aisles at the checkout, on bags, on tops of pizza boxes, place mats, mugs, golf holes, giant coop postcards. OH, still newspapers, radio, TV ads, BILL BOARDS.

Are you getting the picture, business needs business (customers), they know they have to advertise in some way to bring them in. We like the POSTCARD model, the reason, there is no start up costs. You show a sample, be it a single mailing or handout or a CO-OP CARD with multiple advertisers. You take a deposit which covers your costs. You get em proofed, approved and printed and sent. Very simple business. I feel like I've exhausted the subject, nothing more to say publicly, be glad to talk privately, in confidence or course.

52 Blogging, Forums, Podcasts, Social Media. All things Internet Marketing. Since I'm leaving this, ask what you want, but do it quickly, next year, I'll have very little time.

You have all the cards now. OH wait, what about the jokers? Every deck has a couple of jokers doesn't it? So consider these ideas to play the role of the jokers in the deck, OK?

PUBLISHING. Writing, creating, and selling what you create.

Last year I helped one of my kids to create a CROSSWORD puzzle, there are several free sites to do this. Once it was created, then it was printed and cut as a jig saw puzzle. It was a great gift which was the “best gift” ever.

First it had to be put together, then it had to be figured out. Once it was together, it was sent in and sealed and framed. Although this is an extra step, it made it a keepsake. OVER THE YEARS, I have probably written enough to stuff to compete with Shakespeare (in number of words). But not all of my publishing ventures have been reports. I once spent a lot of time creating games, and find the word type puzzles, back before computers made it so easy.

Man, you kids have things right at your fingertips. You may know about hotsheets, AND now you know about crossword puzzles, jig saw puzzles, cheatsheets, INFOGRAPHICS, PictoGrigms, plans, designs, calendars, games, word of the day, cartoons. All under the umbrella of P U B L I S H I N G. I started publishing at 11, after getting a toy printing press for Christmas.

And this is where I ONCE again say, YOU probably have knowledge which is rotting away in your stored memory when it could be converted to something mentioned above and start producing some cold hard cash flow for you. Ya think? I'm not joking.

Let us not forget, a female Presidential Candidate did win the popular vote by 3 million albeit, not enough to win the system.
For my lady readers, you can do anything the guys can, probably better than most when it comes to business. I have several women I follow, and think they have great ideas, materials and business. A couple of these I've written about 20 years ago and they are still going strong.

Where possible, I link to their websites. All worth visiting and learning from:

http://www.yudkin.com/index.htm Marcia Yudkin has written more books sold in bookstores than most of the so called gurus of marketing.

http://alexiavernon.com/ Alexia Vernon, on speaking.

http://suitcaseentrepreneur.com/ Natalie Sisson, suitcase Entrepreneur. If you want to travel and operate a biz from your brief case, she lives the talk.

Here is a great article, pick and choose your expert to follow. https://fizzle.co/sparkline/women-who-kick-ass-online

Here is an unbelievable list of incredible women we all could learn from:

http://www.incomediary.com/top-30-female-internet-entrepreneurs

I hope you have had an idea sparked by little game of 52 pick up. It barely covers a quarter of the businesses and opportunities we have researched recently. If you have questions, ask via email, or post up to Sowpub.com and we'll give it our best shot.

Have a very Merry Christmas and I hope your holidays are joyful as well as thoughtful. Just one last thing: