SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 21, 2017, 10:30 AM

Default Thank you. Just what I needed...

… with the COLOSSAL number of mistakes I've made, "just do it" no longer works for me.

I certainly prefer your scientific approach. It's almost like pros-vs-cons on steroids (I hadn't factored in the state of nonexistence odds)

Thank you, Marcus. I'm grateful

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan View Post
The way that I do it is I see it all as upside possibility. There is nothing to lose. It is already as bad as it can be in the state of nonexistence.

For example, a promotion that doesn't exist is the worst kind. It can get you 0% response. Even the worst promotion ever is going to have a 0.0000001% response. So you are always improving with everything you do.

If you make a mistake, then you correct it but that is still a positive because you learned from your mistake and got a course correction. So you HAD to go through that in order to learn not to do that or you would have kept doing it forever.

Since we live in a world of certain limits, there will come an end to the mistakes that you can make and one day, you will be left with something that is very successful. Like Thomas Edison and the lightbulb. 10,000 mistakes to find one success.

But ue knew that we lived in a world of certain limits and that he could not make infinite mistakes, eventually he would have to hit upon the secret to his success in that field.

So the sooner you can race through the mistakes you have to make to get there, the better off you will be.

The way I do it is I understand that we live in a world of certain limits and that I am going to make mistakes until I finally hit on super success. And then even then I might make different mistakes, but I would be able to used what I learned so far and get back and go higher because of the lessons learned from those different mistakes.

So I accept the process of making mistakes and learning first. Then I become determined to blast through to the very edge of the limits of the mistakes that I can make as fast as possible so I can start to get to those successes. Never make the same mistake twice but make all of them once as quickly as possible and move past them as quickly as possible, that's my mindset.

At the same time, I want to learn the right way as quickly as possible. That's why having a mentor like Gordon is super powerful because he can cut years off of your learning curve.

So having that "world of limits" attitude COMBINED with constantly being on the lookout for the right way and trying assiduously to avoid the wrong way.

It's kind of a matter of "where should I steer myself?" As close as possible to the right way as possible, while still realizing I'm still going to need to make some mistakes until I actually get it.

And I've discovered a way to hone in which has made all the difference in my life. Anyways, that's how I do if.

Last edited by unpinkpanther : May 21, 2017 at 10:40 AM.