SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 6, 2019, 10:32 PM
Rick

Default Re: Thanks Dien, but...this isn't for everybody or just anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
I'm not looking for buyers. In fact, my copy for most of the time we've had SowPub has been the opposite of the sort of copy I would have written for those companies hawking products.

For well over a decade, my copy has a certain attitude to it, a take it or leave it, and in this instance...a qualification.

The world doesn't need one more copywriting course, plenty of those out there already. As you know Dien, we both have a back log of information which needs a dusting off, a refreshing and a reintroduction. Today, for instance, I pretty much only CHATTEL via Facebook marketplace or via contacts and networks. NO eBay, no craigslist or any of that.

And it is as lucrative as one cares to make it.

But selling stuff is pretty easy, especially ONline marketing junk, just make a big promise and sell baby sell.

Most of the new copywriters have NO business experience, can't do the basic math to figure out customer acquisition and lifetime value, and have almost no understanding of human behavior, including their own.

So, I do appreciate YOU and the nice blurb, but this new program is truly limited, basically looking for people we can mold and shape and have them ready and prepared with the new product launches as well as the new TOLL positioning coming our way.

That being said, I will still make the POCKET PRO COPYWRITING COURSE available for 20 bux, plus postage. And to be clear, it is 2 erasable cards, a 16 page mini booklet and an erasable worksheet and a fine point dry erasable marker. Not much to it, except real life value.

On a different note re: copy writing, both Harvey Brody and Sherman Hunter share the "educational" (my words) style of copy, because you learn something from it even if you don't buy.

Harvey's original, what was it, 64 pages??? booklet promotion was a breakthrough and I believe led to the MAGALOG.

Sherman's report also contains information which gives many people a light bulb, AH-HA, type moment.

Most people have never heard of distressed opportunities, or even Toll Positions for that matter. SowPub seems to be the place to learn about them.

Anyhow, the copywriting course is NOT for everyone.

Gordon

Gordon says his new course isn't for everybody or just anyone and that it requires qualification. Doesn't matter. Do you whatever have to to qualify. $20 plus postage is *nothing* when it comes to copywriting courses.

If you don't believe me, go to dankennedy.com and check out what they charge. I know Gordon's the real deal (like Dien says). I've had the opportunity to collaborate with Gordon on a couple of products. I once had the pleasure of going with Gordon to SCI in Canton, OH. SCI is Ben Suarez's company. While we were there, Gordon had pretty much open access to just about the whole place.

If you want to learn from someone who's a true "Student of the Masters" (as we all should be), follow what Gordon says. I'm thinking seriously of purchasing this new Gordon Alexander classic myself.

Rick, aka "The Netguerrilla"