SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 3, 2020, 06:04 AM
Onwards and upwards!

Default Re: Question from Zayne about Harvey Brody and toll positions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Here's a question from Zayne, about Harvey Brody and toll positions, which came as a message via the Sowpub Facebook page...

(Slightly edited, posted here with Zayne's permission...)

Hi Gordon,

I saw a couple of your posts about Harvey Brody here and on the Seeds of Wisdom forum. Maybe you can help.

I read Harvey's 36 page report in which he talks about controlling Toll-Positions and how, "...a person can merely control in an ongoing manner, but not actually own, a product or a concept that will enable that person to continuously earn an enormous amount of cash money, day after day, year after year, and decade after decade, without ever being "flipped" ... or what some people call "being by-passed"

He also goes into a bit of the specifics when he mentions that he subcontracts and also licenses the products to people and companies all over the world so that he receives an abundance of cash remuneration from it, without ever needing to touch the product or to do anything else other than to be rewarded with the huge ongoing profits that he derives from it.

And in his opinion, "selling specialty products through master distributors is one of the very best ways, and one of the easiest ways to earn and bank "tons" of cash money very quickly and in an ongoing manner."

At the end he also mentions, "I could start right now at this very moment with no money and also without any contacts, and I could create a "Toll-Position", or I could locate and acquire an initial "Toll-Position", and I could then proceed to become super-wealthy and also totally independent, given the knowledge that I possess."

I really need to learn this stuff. I've been searching many years for this type of information. I recently bought Jay Abraham's Masters of Passive Income where he also talks about getting into the Toll Booth Position. But I recently discovered that it was Harvey that coined that term and that he is actually the true master of controlling Toll Positions.

Harvey keeps mentioning in his report that if anyone follows in his footsteps, they cannot go wrong.

But where are those instructions? Does he have a course in which he really gets into the specifics, the nuts and bolts on how to do this?

I know he uses Thomas Register of American Manufacturers to locate "Toll-Position" prospects.

But what he does after that, I can only guess.

I guess he approaches those manufacturers and negotiates some type of exclusive rights?

Kind of like what Joseph Cossman did?

Then, if he says that he can start with no money and no contacts, and also avoids selling one product at a time, then I guess he would have to make a deal with some owners of distribution channels that can sell the products to thousands of people at a time on a performance basis?

Anyways, sorry for the long email. It's just fascinating.

The wheels in my head are turning BIG TIME!

If you know where I can get Harvey's course, let me know.

Thank you!
Hi Zayne,

Gordon gave you a great answer!

If you want Harvey's main course, it does come up on eBay from time to time...

The course you want to look for is "How To Become Financially And Personally Independent"...

It is a 5-book course.

There's a copy there right now...

Harvey created his first toll position - he invented the zoom-spout oiler.

After that, he acquired toll positions... I believe the aerosol pistol grip was an acquired product (along with others).

In many cases, he bought out the originators of the product, lock stock and barrel. However, you can also do joint-venture type deals as well.

He also made a lot of money with publishing toll positions as well, as in parallel, he ran a publishing company during the 1970s up to around 1990 I think. (He was making a lot of money, but in the end he decided he hated having employees...)

However, not all toll positions are equal... You want something that will be in demand, and which can also be easily supplied as well. Your toll position will then protect you from copycats, once you're making a lot of money (because the nature of business is, if people see you making money, they'll want to copy you and steal your customers).

There's a lot more to share, of course, but that's the essence of it...

I've been very fortunate. After Gordon was taught by Harvey, I got taught by Harvey too... I actually talk to Harvey on a regular basis...

Best wishes!

Dien