SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 28, 2020, 01:53 PM
Administrator

Default Depends on who is THE you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millard Grubb View Post
It seems like a common thread to making money fast is providing a service or buying and selling chattel.

When I talk to a client, I talk about customer lists, offers, etc. to sell something to them.

What if you want to earn, say a few hundred dollars but you have no list, no money, or you are just starting out and you need cash fast? (Hint:headlights)

Ha ! Go door-to-door doing odd jobs?

Have things changed because of social media? (I hate the never-ending ads)

What do you think?

Asking ME (I being the you)... probably would be inclined to "lecture" before offering up any advice.

The "lecture" would go something like:

You don't get paid for doing nothing. So what WILL you do? Not what CAN you do, or COULD you do, because within those answers will be a lot of DON'T WANNA do too.

Then after Mom's adage of having to DO to get...

I'd make sure they understood a TRANSACTION, which is an exchange of value...value being the agreed upon part. Could be an exchange of labor, information, knowledge, cash, credit or other people's labor, info, etc.

But then, WHY the urgent need? What happens after this given emergency of need of fast cash {if that is what it is}...what steps are being taken to prevent a cycle of urgent cash needs?

So, by asking ME, or at least giving me the chance to bloviate over what most would consider a simple question...to muddy the waters...

I would say it DEPENDS on what the YOU is willing to do.

For speed, nothing beats a loan, or selling something you own. Put the TV on front porch with sign, sell cheap, = FAST CASH. Put your title of a car down as collateral and get cash in an hour, again fast.

So, maybe THE you would be better off borrowing 1k dollars from a family member rather than trying to clean 20 sets of headlights in the snow.

NOW of course my answer is skewed, I know buying and selling can't be beat and there is always demand. But I have a friend who made $1k in a couple of hours by giving away a FREE daily special menu board to a restaurant and selling 3 ads on it almost instantly.

Hope others are less winded with their answers, most have come to expect some meandering bloviation floating out of my mouth, and they, of course, are right to expect it.

GordonJ