SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 8, 2020, 10:05 AM
Administrator

Default Predictions.

I've blown through Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu and HBO, even caught up on the Bros of Simi Valley. All that entertainment...but I do at least one MasterClass a day and take notes. Excited about Neil deGrasse Tyson's class.

He'll be discussing BIAS, something we all have. Knowing a person's predisposition toward something helps with marketing.

To develop rapport, get agreement and then sell them stuff.

I keep Blair Warren's ONE SENTENCE Persuasion idea on me at all times (it is page 8 of the GJABIZ Pocket Pro on DIRECT PERSUASION. His sentence reads:

"People will do anything for those who encourage their dreams,
justify their failures,
allay their fears,
confirm their suspicions,
and help them throw rocks at their enemies."

And when you know and understand their BIASES, it makes it that much easier to persuade them.

As for marketing and marketers...I am of the CAVEAT EMPTOR crowd. If selling to adults, they can buy whatever they want. If someone wants to spend their money on what they want, who am I to try to stop them (unless it will do harm to them{as is self prescribing malaria meds for Covid19, but even then, them that died had the right to do what they wanted} )

I am not qualified to say which marketer is selling crapola and who isn't, other than to state my opinion in general...but still, it is their money, let them spend it how they want. Eh?

As for predictions, I have a lot of them, and many have come from Thomas' Newsletter the INNOVATION WRAP, I think we have many great innovations headed our way, especially in medicine. That being said, technology will help save us, and it may kill us all. That is a coin toss in my crystal ball.

I'm hoping for a quick ending to Covid-19, due to some unknown researcher who isn't interested in becoming a billionaire, and is actually working on a vaccine which would stop it dead in its tracks. Hoping for, but not waiting for.

I think most people got off to a bad start, and some of that from following the leaders, who tamped it down, and were ignorant (by not listening to those experts in the know) and got us behind the 8 ball.

But were here today. And we've all had a chance to "catch up", to protect ourselves, to hunker and bunker down.

On the other side, be it in a couple of months or a year from now, there will be a different world, a different USA waiting for us.

We are seeing how FRAGILE we are, how unprepared, and there will be consequences to this.

I do predict a TREMENDOUS growth in Victory Gardens, home gardens, micro green gardens, more people planting food and there is a lot of opportunity there. We all have to eat. Another month, and the shelves get really bare and Covid-19 kicks us in our collective guts.

Along with FOOD, a lot of opportunity in the SUPPLY CHAIN, from packaging, shipping, handling, delivery...getting what people want from THERE to THEIR HOMES. Maybe more robots and drones, pick up centers, etc.

But these are on the POSITIVE side of things, assumes we have maintained our RIGHTS, and that industry hasn't been Nationalized, that Uncle Sam keeps his hands off private business. THIS is problematic.

So, those are a few predictions. Here is the BIG ONE.

I predict that those who THINK and PREPARE for their futures while taking care of their today, may find an even better tomorrow on the other side.

Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Gordon,

I'm a positive person by nature...

But frankly, I was scared shirtless... (I'm keeping it family friendly... )

I'm a bit more calmed down, now...

Yes, there is tragedy.

I'm staying as safe as possible... I'm "high risk" due to pre-existing conditions (as you know, Gordon)... So I'm not taking that chance...

Yes, I do wear a mask when I venture out. Yes, I feel silly... But, better redfaced (and embarrassed) than dead...

There are quite a few "snake oil salesmen" out there, taking advantage.

But if you have genuine solutions - I see no problem with promoting them...

Also, many people are indoors and bored. Many want to use the time to improve themselves.

Wanna bet that the Masterclass business (where you learn from famous people) is doing gangbuster business right now?

I'm betting that they're making more sales than they ever have in their history...

I don't know what tomorrow will bring, or next week, month, or even next year...

I don't think this will be over quickly.

But, I take it day by day...

I'm all ears for predictions, though! One of the things many people want to know are answers...

Nobody knows 100% for sure, but some will be more right than others... I'm happy to listen to many voices!

- Dien

Last edited by GordonJ : April 8, 2020 at 12:35 PM.