SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 7, 2020, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Default I hate to call it Biz OP, but, making Xtra moolah is on a lot of minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePT View Post
Gordon, do you have any half dozen info topics that you think are "bread and butter"?

Thanks.

Since I've been in the Biz-Op field for nearly 40 years, and most of my stuff is related to making money, as a side hustle, or moonlighting as we used to call it, that is about as evergreen bread and butter as it gets.

But, let me take you back to 1970, and what others have done, their BREAD AND BUTTER. In one of the SCI's NPGS UPDATE HOTLINE Newsletters, I did a research study of 20 years of Biz Op, from 1976 to 1996.

So here are a few Evergreen PARADE OF LIFE topics people have spent money LEARNING for over half a century.

Gardening. I've talked a lot here about Lyman P. Wood, the man behind the marketing of the Troy-Bilt Rototiller and the company GARDEN WAY.

At their peak, they sold millions of dollars of HOW TO booklets on Gardening.

Today, the hot gardening topic is micro greens and aqua farming.

Along with gardening, comes after the harvest, canning, preserving, storing, and preparing then eating. For vegetable gardens and orchards. The BALL jar, now a staple in bars and taverns, has been around since 1880 and the NEWELL brands

worth a look:

https://www.newellbrands.com/our-brands For some IDEAS. Their product line reflects some Evergreen niches too.

They also are parent to RUBBERMAID, another food storage company.

So ANYTHING food. How to make your own jerky to how to raise chickens, anything that comes from the GARDEN, you should find a ready audience of

STUDENTS. Please NOTE this.

See, I don't want to sell OPPORTUNITY, but rather KNOWLEDGE arrived from Real Life Experience. Now I'm not a gardening expert but I did my time on the old Alexander farm and spent enough time around my Uncle Frank Yoder, and we did a lot of canning the 50's and 60's when I grew up...

that I feel it is a solid enough of a foundation to build a class around and I have enough contacts if needed, to find expertise to advise me...as long as I'm a class ahead of my students, they won't mind.

I've done OK selling information, and HOW to but this is a slight REframing of the information, away from here it is, read it or watch it TO here it is, LEARN IT.

For some it may be splitting hairs, but I see it very differently. OK, back to PARADE OF LIFE

Today, Thursday Mar. 7, 2020, while walking around the neighborhood I saw a group of boys under the hood of a CAR. It was an older HONDA I think. But the need to keep your auto running isn't going away any time soon...but one for sure thing, many small auto repair shops are going to need some

EDUCATION

on how to bring in more work, if they have been shuttered or slowed during this crisis. Marketing, getting clients, customers and consumers will always be an evergreen CLASSROOM.