SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 21, 2020, 05:28 PM

Default Re: PS The six figure freelancer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Maybe there are tens of thousands of six figure ($100,000.00) a year freelancers out there.

My question, is how many do you know? And, how much do they actually work?

So 100 grand would be 8333 per month or 2k per week, taking two weeks off.

Two a week is very doable. But to do it over long periods you need a constant stream of clients, customers or consumers. If you had 100 people paying you 83 bux a month, as in a private group or membership program, you could do it.

But it could also become a grind. Writing and constantly finding clients, of course if you LOVE IT, that is a different story. If writing is your passion and you want to pursue it into greener pastures of stacks of cash are, then great.

For a new FREELANCER today competing against tens of thousands of other freelancers all over the world, the idea of creating a six figure income is a much harder path than they make it sound, they being the purveyors of the easy peasy courses which will get you the 100k per year in breakneck speed.

Most freelancers are barely making a minimum wage and that without benefits. In fact, survey sez: most freelancers have a working spouse with MEDICAL benefits which allows them to spend the time freelancing. Just some food for thought for you would be freelancers out there.

The idea of 100 people paying 83 dollars a month for a membership seems to me one of the best ways. I did a variation of this when I sold my performing course. At the time, it was a six month course, with people paying me monthly.

I can see adapting this for the local market providing local businesses with business advice and tips every week with billing on a monthly basis. It is almost like consulting en masse. Might be worth looking into.