SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 2, 2020, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Default Something to consider. Accreditation, still a path to mucho moolah.

Before I posted this, I visited several web sites, Facebook groups and did a deep dive into COACHING. And it felt like swimming in a shark tank.

Now, I wrote about ASSOCIATIONS over 22 years ago, yelling and telling anyone who would listen, if they want to get rich...start your own ASSOCIATION.

In one of my earlier works, Before You Buy Anything, I linked to several sites, one was the ASLA started and run by June Davidson. The American Seminar Leaders Association served as a prototype for what I thought (and still do) a good Association structure was.

Back when I was making $1,000.00 a day in the Resume writing business, I had thought about starting an association, but, alas, never got around to it...today, you can join one of a dozen such "Professional Resume Associations", and in my humble opinions, most of these are rackets...profitable ones for those who start them.

Today, ACCREDITATION is a big deal. There is a whole generation who thinks one needs a certificate from somewhere to overcome (apparently) IMPOSTER syndrome. Many golf pros, who went through some PGA program, and got to say they were PGA professionals...couldn't teach their way off of a wet green.

Some of the best coaches I ever had, in sports, in life and in business, didn't have diploma, certificate or membership in some accredited program.

So, when I went to see what the "current" state of the art of COACHING is today, July 2020, it wasn't much of a surprise to me to see thousands of coaches...

churned out with cookie cutter programs, all saying the same thing.

The gurus, have written books, and of course, they have their own cult followers.

One thing about me, if you are even considering me as a possible coach...I like THINKERS, people who can use their brains. It is one of my qualifiers.

See, it took me 25 years to get my GJASQ1 Square One Workshops perfected and the tools for goal setting and goal achievement in place. And the one very fundamental difference

the difference that few get

is, they are NOT a book to read, NOT a course to take, NOT a how to...but they become CUSTOMIZED for whomever uses them.

I hate cookie cutter programs. OH, sure, some have a good purpose, if you buy a McDonald's, you'll be thankful they have put that business into a follow the book and you will be successful thing.

That is what is good about a franchise. You want a cookie cutter, do this and get the same thing, time after time after time. YES.

But instructions on how YOU can live YOUR best life, reach YOUR peak performance, fulfill YOUR destiny, reach YOUR goals...

if you believe that you will find an off the rack solution, a one size fits all program to help you...

I AM NOT THE GUY FOR YOU.

Do a search, literally, you'll find THOUSANDs OF coaches to take your money and fit you into their system. Good luck and God bless.

I guess I could create a nice looking diploma, or a certificate of completion from the GJABIZ Institute of Autodidactic Polymaths Wannabees.

IF that would impress you, persuade you, guide you in your search, then you and I definitely won't be working together.

I am about results. I can't do them for you. I can't make you do what you need to do...but I can help, either by kicking your butt when needed or by giving you some direction based on my 60 years of doing business.

So, just a little bit, for you new people about my approach and attitude about things, and about coaching in general.

As for my coaching, it isn't ever about ME, it is all and always will be about you, fair enough?

GordonJ

Last edited by GordonJ : July 2, 2020 at 07:48 PM.