SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 19, 2020, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Default NLP, hypnosis, Fran Renner and 1965

Milton Erickson, a name often bandied about with the NLP crowd, although he really didn't have much to do with it or the guys who created it.

What people forget about M.E. is, he was a Doctor. Highly educated, double degrees in medicine and psychology, some say a genius (and I won't argue).

When I was 15, I was given his "Collected Works" to read. Probably the hardest thing I've ever read, next to String theory and Charlie Bukowski, and it is a "ponderous tome", not for the lay person.

But Fran Renner, thinking I might become an apprentice or intern, insisted I have a foundation of understanding about HYPNOSIS, and she wanted to make sure I had a good historical understanding.

And I did much better with her assignments than I did with my schoolwork, by far. It was a subject I was interested in.

But it only took a few months and I realized how NOT like her I wanted to be...the idea of sitting in an office all day talking to people, most with problems...no matter the income potential or the "good work" idea,...

NO, NO, NO, not for me. I wanted to make it USEFUL, in my selling career, by this time I had graduated from GRIT and seeds, and cards, and KRISTEE products to ACTION AD CLOCKS and advertising.

So, I studied HYPNOSIS from the SALES angle, not from a therapeutic one.

RESULTS.

Now I could talk for a couple of hours about how from 1955 to 1965 was the decade of HYPNOSIS acceptance (the Pope, AMA, APA, Catholic President, etc., etc.)...but for this next audio I want to get to the gist of it.

How Erickson changed things up, how NLP has "some" value, in face to face, very little with remote, and how YOU can use the ideas,

coupled with

your understanding of PREOCCUPATIONS to get quicker results

that is

RESULTS

with your attempts to sell people somehting.

Knowledge used = faster profits.

And that follows my ideas of the most money in the fastest time, with the least effort ++++FLY LOW AND COLLECT THE DOUGH.

If you have any questions before I record (giving my voice a rest) ask now and I'll include them in the audio.

Gordon Jay Alexander