SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 19, 2020, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Default Love me some IKE, hate the spreadsheet...too old school.

Thanks Dien, I like IKE (the first presidential campaign I remember)...and his use of the Urgent/Important, which I believe he got from the WAR College.
I know you youngins like computers and cell phones and spreadsheets and apps...but I'm old school, a W.V. hillbilly who prefers off grid solutions.

In other words, I use WHITE BOARDS and markers. There are still people in the gulf states without power, their spreadsheets don't do them much good.

Now, I'm not anti-programs, I did teach Excel at New Horizons computer center, and it is a great program and has its uses, for sure.

But for knowing what to do next, and staying on task, nothing beats an in your face WHITE board staring at you from behind your computer screen, and the IKE chart is a perfect example, if you can SEE the urgent (RED??) vs the Important (Green?) as you begin your work day.

Just recently I bought a roll of White Board to mount on a wall (and sent one to a friend to use too)... and it works great. I also keep smaller ones near my desk within easy reach.

Sometimes, we can get carried away spending time setting up spreadsheets, programming apps, recording things in the cloud, relying on the Internet, Tech and Electronics...

And for me, those have been a way to PROCRASTINATE, whereas looking at my wall everyday, seeing what hasn't been done, lets me work, rather than organize. I think this generation is one of the most organized (or spends a lot of time getting organized) and less productive than needs be.

But glad to see you getting some balance, knowing at any given time your URGENCY could come screaming at your from the crib.

Gordon