SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 19, 2020, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Default From simple, to complicated, and full circle to simple again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
Ah, an avatar ago (I've had several at Warrior)...

The TRANSACTION is the thing.

Always has been, always will be...the ONE thing. In business for profit that is.

Gordon

60 years ago I knocked on doors offering fresh picked flowers for a nickel. As simple a transaction as is.

Then, and if you have read the book 7 STEPS TO FREEDOM II, which I last edited in 1998, you see very COMPLICATED selling process.

In the last few years the Gurus have made tons of money selling simple (or so they say) solutions to making a TRANSACTION.

Funnel this, funnel that and all that jazz. It certainly has been a great transactional model for THEM, maybe for a % of users too.

One can spend a lot of time on their web sites, their eCom sites, on the marketplaces, selling all kinds of things...

and it can get very complicated.

Which is why I am once again falling in love with AUTOMATIC PRODUCT VENDING sites, and why it was offered here for free last month.

APV's are simple.

I have this for sale, you want it? Put your money in, push the button and get the product.

Even better than me handing them flowers through the door.

I've done simple...

and I've done COMPLICATED and simple is easier, faster, and can be just as profitable as the time consuming set ups and hyped up products.

I ask people today, why they sell what they do? And many of them just sort of fell into it, and it is what they know.

But with all the new tech coming our way every year, and a myriad of ways to complicate the process, I have come full circle to the idea simple is better.

Why add complicated steps to the process?

Why oh why?

Gordon