SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 26, 2020, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Default Setting goals for 2021. Most of us will be happy 2020 when it is gone.

It is the annual THINK AHEAD week. We've always done this, for the past 20 years now.

Reflect on the past (except for Dien's wonder, his kid) and it mostly sucked...this past year.

Next year will be much better. At least we plan for it to be.

And speaking of PLANS and PLANS OF ACTION, we have several new things coming and some of the tested and proven OLD too.

Behold your future. Remember your past.

I will continue to FLY LOW AND COLLECT THE DOUGH (although a lot more of it)...as we begin our 21st year with this FORUM.

This past year, I've played with doodle, and all things VIDEO, and have concluded...

I hate talking heads.

Sorry, I just can't watch you talk into the camera. Can't. Won't. And probably never will. Give me a transcript so I can skip your BS, OK?

I tried doing some talking head videos, and they suck. Show me a white board, or chalk board, or DO something but please God almighty don't make watch you talking (while driving, while feeding your chickens, while hiking, or exercising)...shut the heck up and show me.

Maybe being an Old DEMO guy plays a part. Why tell when you can show??

So, don't expect to see any talking head videos from me. And although I played with doodle and all things animated too, I'm not big on them either.

In the above post about RocketBook, I linked to a YouTube video about Rocketbook, a ten minute or so video where he really demonstrates what he has done. THAT I like.

Show me. Don't tell me. Maybe I'm alone in the world with this opinion, but I do hate talking heads...and also...

music backgrounds on demo videos. PLEASE leave off that darn music loop, it is super annoying. So, I won't be having any background music on the NON talking head videos coming your way.

With WRITING, I can skim and stab the essence, get the point, and be on my way. Videos are for entertaining, and who watches a movie of someone talking into a camera for 2 hours?

Anyhow, I will continue to offer up some new REPORTS, several new AUTOMATIC PRODUCT VENDING sites, and hopefully, get back on track with my Hollywood Quest, so many of those guys have been on hold this past year.

But the content is getting there. And I have a new, refreshed interest in CHATTELING, or buying and selling things, but like the last 3 decades, I have no need nor want to reveal my offline activities. Many other people are selling their methods for buying and selling, and until one of them beats my Chattel Report and the 12 weeks to freedom, I'll continue to use that method. Which simply states:

Things don't matter...it is the stored value, the MARKET demand which makes you the dough.

New Year. New hope. New beginnings.

Plan now for ACTION to come. Then ACT, ADJUST and CONTINUE. It has worked for us for two decades now, it just might work for you too.

Gordon