SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 4, 2021, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Default This one metaphor may be all you need. Waffles anyone?

Excerpted from THE NEW SPRINT TO FREEDOM.

How about I give you an example, NOT REAL, but one that gives you the idea of how to turn the sprint into the marathon of continuous profits.

I got one of these for Christmas. A small single waffle maker. I've used it everyday, experimenting. Now most people wouldn't start thinking, HOW CAN I PROFIT FROM THIS GIFT. Yikes, who does that? (Blushing-ME!).

You don't have to be a chef to use one, just pour whatever batter into it, and in a few minutes you get a waffle, or something with a waffle look to it. Hey, I've done onion rings, Pierogies, hamburgers, grilled cheese, and made some of my own recipes, like Cheerios and Oatmeal combined.

Now I just want to share my process, with the hope some of you will have an AH HA moment in your ventures.

First thing I did was look for Wholesalers and if I wanted to buy in quantities, I could get them for as low as 3 bux each, but I can get them onesies, twosies at my local BJ's Club for 7.99 and for only 5.99 online.

So, I know I can source a PRODUCT. But that isn't what I'd be selling.

I would offer it, this time of the year as the greatest DIET, weight loss product on the market. I would have low cal recipes, easy to make, maybe have a VEGAN line, or a PALEO line, or a diet cooking line. ONE machine, but the way I would present it to very specific and TARGETED groups.

Checking Facebook I found several groups from 1.9 Million to a paltry 29 thousand and several in between, each one targeted: ****, Paleo, European, Weight Loss, Fitness, etc. etc. You get the picture.

There are hundreds of thousands of people into the millions of people who are interested in EATING, some healthy, some with medical problems, like Gluten...which the Celiac crowd avoids. So a whole thing on Gluten Free recipes could work.

Or Cookies for the kids. I could show how to make a whole weeks worth of meals while watching the Sunday football game.

I can make an egg, sausage and cheese Waffle. Or with hash browns. Or Cheerios. Or Oatmeal. Quick little two minute videos, at my site and also at YouTube.

I'd start a Facebook group...WAFFLE ME MINI or something. Show some of the dozens of ideas, offer to sell them one, along with a customized diet book, or customized meal plan and could be an affiliate for a place like Bob's Red Mill or even a local baker who buys in wholesale. See? It could be as simple as a recipe booklet (a PDF file) to an ongoing WAFFLE OF THE MONTH club, complete with ingredients.

I could hold a contest and give away a TV or something for the best in category recipe, this is a way to let other people do the work for you, ain't life grand. WAFFLE MAN.

With apologies to Sir Elton John (to the tune of Rocket Man).
I think it's going to be a long long time...Waffle Man makes me want to eat today, his waffles are out of this world great
Waffle Man, early in the morning I can't wait

And apologies to you too. Anyhoo....

It isn't about the little Waffle machine, but what can be done with it. It is a single serving device which makes it perfect for people with dietary concerns.

So, it is about the MARKETING. And MATCH TO MARKET.

Whether selling widgets, waffle irons or specialty reports matching your message (promotion) to the market is the key. Once you do that, then you collect the data on the market for future use, which is why autoresponders and lists are so critical.

**************** End of Excerpt**********

Maybe this will give one or two of you some ideas.

Gordon