SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 11, 2021, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Default Cont. from ran out of room.

I also had to organize and contact those people who had submitted a SGS, a sales generation system, product to us for consideration, what an education talking to inventors. Most inventors just don't get how the market works. It is not about the invention, it is All about how to market it.

Multiple streams of income, under the radar, is a choice you can make.

Maybe YOUR takeaway from all this could be:

There is a lot of opportunity, once you commit to DOING it.

I was hesitant about committing to work for Ben Suarez and SCI, I had to be persuaded, goaded and pushed...but I did it and it was one of the best decisions of my life. A goldmine of education came from that.

We often look at things and THINK we don't want to do it, and learning new things, which look like a mountain of TIME a huge deadman's curve to learn...that if we just commit to it, we get so much more out of it than imagined. POST

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...SCI

We got a letter from Marlon Sanders, a subscriber and book buyer. Marlon told about his exploits with gang testing and using AOL and, I believe it was CompuServe. And how he was getting good results, this in the infancy of the Internet.

In 1994 Ben wrote about selling electrons in 7 Steps, although they have never been able to do it. Then along comes Marlon who is doing it. About this time I interviewed Melvin Powers, whom I met when I was a student at Golden West College via Joe Karbo, and he told me his plan was to get online and get to selling books.

I often think, Melvin could have been Amazon. But he did plenty well for himself. Melvin introduced to me the Balloon Baron, Charles Prosper who told me to lock myself away and learn html, so I did. One of those things I hated to do, but was very glad once I did it. I was not dependent on anyone else to build my early web sites.

Between 1994 and 97, the Internet exploded, but it was either the wild west or just a super Shooit show. Maybe both. Forums popped all over, and having been active on Usenet and the old bulletin boards, these were familiar and good places to hang out. Very early successes were guys from Mail Order who built very simple sales pages for real products which had to be sent.

Guys like Dan Kennedy and Gary Halbert were telling marketers you wanted/needed to get your customers OFF LINE, in the real world. I did that too, but I felt Marlon and his SELLING ELECTRONS was and should be in the mix too. At the time, one of my offline products, the original Chattel Report, The Sprint to Freedom was selling well and I still had sales from my Inner Circular pubs, which are alive and well today.

What a world. YOU can create a product in a day. Maybe less. YOU can have other people sell it and deliver it for you. YOU can live whatever dream life you want with all the tools available,

YOU could.

But at the end of the day, you still need a PRODUCT to offer to a PROSPECT through a PROMOTION and via your media choice. POST.

Well it is lunch time, so I'll close off the rant (for now) and leave you with:

Some thoughts.

Finished is better than not finished. Finished is better than PERFECT TOO.

One of five stumbling blocks for many people is trying to have a perfect product before you enter the market...and that delay is costing you TIME and money. Sell something.

Let me repeat that. SELL SOMETHING.

Sell a ring, sell a necklace, sell a belt. Sell a HOTSHEET, sell a report, a manual a how to guide. Find something to sell to

sell to people most likely to buy it.

So many people don't get started, and still so many others take EXIT 7 on the POA, so close, but not all the way.

What are you selling?

Gordon

Last edited by GordonJ : June 11, 2021 at 01:09 PM.