SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 11, 2022, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Default Ruts of routines are shallow graves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
My issue has rarely been with the "biting"... but knowing exactly what to "bite" next!

I've finally finally finally... got some kind of routine (at least as much as you can with an extremely curious 2-year-old running around, who hates going to sleep)!
Dien

Habits are built over time. Positive ROUTINES must be actively cultivated. MOST people allow their work/livelihoods to dictate their routines. Of course an active toddler in the house, really dictates things too, eh?

On the SQ1, we see that it takes about a month of continuous behavior for a habit to take root, or for neural networks to get started.

As my title sez, many routines are simply ruts, the beginning of a shallow grave. YIKES.

I have seen that if most people set up ROUTINES of about 90 minutes +- 20 then take a break or change what they are doing, they can optimize their time.
We all have had to pull overnighters, or worked long hours, even for days to get things done, especially those things we procrastinated on, and now the deadline looms over our head like the Hindenburg, ready to explode.

But for years...the less stressful way is to develop the routines, you get anxious about breaking or upsetting. Reading is one, writing is one. Relaxing is one.

Now, I think 90 minutes is plenty of time to get things done, heck, most movies are around 90mins to 2 hours.

Or, as Hollywood makes them today, a limited series of 8 to 10 episdodes to tell the story. And how many of us binge them? I do.

Positive routines are developed slowly over time, through repitition, committment and desire.

Build in small chunks of time, and that way, you'll never get too far behind, even if you take time out for an action tea party (or pirate ship) with the ankle biter in the house.

Gordon