SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3, 2023, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Default Rush Limbaugh

Sometimes it takes only ONE word, to unite people.

Rush Limbaugh was rolling along, and then exploded when he started YELLING about the....

FEMINAZI.

Today, ol Rush's fears have been realized, as Da Fuhrer of Feminazis, Marjorie Taylor Green has achieved the power Rush only wanted men to have...and she did it by being the wolf in sheep's clothing.

I'm sure Rush is turning in his grave. The point is, UNITY, is a basic human precept...it is the foundation of religions, politics, and even social media.

From a marketing/influencer perspective, we see it too was covered in the Blair Warren ONE sentence of persuasion:

People will do anything for those who encourage their dreams, justify their failures, allay their fears, confirm their suspicions, and help them throw rocks at their enemies.

In FORBIDDEN KEYS, Warren goes into great detail about this, and his work was set off trying to understand CULT behavior...

In our modern online cultures, the DOG WHISTLE is used by most politicians, the Cialdini CLICK-WHIRR knee jerk reaction to quickly find one's UNITY partners, and the CLICK-WHIIRR, is the secret to bypassing RAS and getting into the target's mind.

Rush did it with a microphone, and went through the ears. And when it was combined with video, it is a very powerful way to find your herd, tribe, cult or

to create UNITY with people.

I get the sense that Cialdini with his efforts today, is trying to combat the appropriation of his work by the body politic for their own purposes.

I may be wrong, of course, but it seems as if he is trying extra hard to emphasize the "positive" use of his research, and to make us MORE aware of how these techniques are being used ON and AGAINST us.

Marketers don't get off the hook either, as we see more and more psychological tools being used by the top tier IM dawgs too.

When forces are combined by CHOICE, they quickly grow in strength and resolve, creating a more powerful force than when they stood alone.

Just my itty bitty perspective here, but UNITY, which seems to have become Cialdini's linchpin, as he gets more active online...perhaps he has seen how dangerous some of his research has become.

INFLUENCE, in the hands of a Marjorie Taylor-Greene is a frightening prospect. Is it not?

We hope all SowPubbers are a force for good, albeit, as the marketing branch of the group, use these strategies and techniques to build a better world, not to destroy it with polarizing UNITY, EH?
Gordon

? Seems to be a glitch in using the QUOTE feature of forum, I am responding to Dien's post below.

Hi Glenn,

Fascinating!

I agree, you are creating UNITY between yourself and others!

It also makes me think of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People"...

I read that book as a teenager (my Dad owned a copy, which I found), and it's been useful for me ever since!

One thing Dale Carnegie talks about is taking an interest in other people's interests...

When you think about it, this is another way of creating Unity...

Or... Finding an interest in common...

I have a friend who is an AMAZING "people person"...

I've seen her "at work"... When she's talking to a new person, she searches and searches for anything they have in common...

When she finds it - she hits it and keeps talking about that! And they feel a sudden bond...

She's just amazing...

Of course, this is another form of "Unity"... When they feel that common bond with you, they're more likely to want to work with you, in a way that's good for you!

Your methods are absolutely amazing for this as well... And with your method, it is near-instant! (Unlike my friend's approach, which is a bit slower...)

Best wishes!

Dien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Thanks Dien,

I Just Subscribed to Robert Cialdini's Newsletter.

Joined his Challenge.

Figured I'd Better Educate myself a bit.

Discovered his newest Persuasion concept "UNITY"

UNITY - You are more Easily INFLUENCED by a family member. Or by someone wearing the same Football shirt as you.

Or by someone with the same hobby.

I Just Realized I have been Using the UNITY Concept for Years.

When I ASK my Ezine List for The OPINION on Which
Headline they like best. Then SHARE the winner.

I am Creating UNITY.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - Nice to have a NAME to hang on something I already do.

One of The UNITY Questions I Love to Ask of Retail Employees is.

"I Just saw where a Mechanic won 40 Million In The Lottery. IF YOU Won 40 Million Bucks RIGHT Here and Right Now. What would You Do FIRST?

Then I hand them a Lotto ticket.

(Just asked supermarket checker. She said, "I'd Pay off my house."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dien Rice View Post
Hi Glenn,

Fascinating!

I agree, you are creating UNITY between yourself and others!

It also makes me think of Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People"...

I read that book as a teenager (my Dad owned a copy, which I found), and it's been useful for me ever since!

One thing Dale Carnegie talks about is taking an interest in other people's interests...

When you think about it, this is another way of creating Unity...

Or... Finding an interest in common...

I have a friend who is an AMAZING "people person"...

I've seen her "at work"... When she's talking to a new person, she searches and searches for anything they have in common...

When she finds it - she hits it and keeps talking about that! And they feel a sudden bond...

She's just amazing...

Of course, this is another form of "Unity"... When they feel that common bond with you, they're more likely to want to work with you, in a way that's good for you!

Your methods are absolutely amazing for this as well... And with your method, it is near-instant! (Unlike my friend's approach, which is a bit slower...)

Best wishes!

Dien