SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 21, 2000, 05:15 PM
Gordon Alexander

Default One thing Dan Kennedy wrote that changed my life...

Mike,

You'll get a lot from Dan.

I've read his stuff and watched his videos.

There was ONE thing that in my opinion sums up DK.

He attended a BIG conference with PROFESSIONAL speakers. The top of the heap.

ONE old boy, a reknowned platform speaker was going on and on about how much work it takes and dedication and was telling Dan to keep working at it hard and ONE day he too will be at the top.

Dan asked what kind of income he could expect from all this HARD work and effort.

The old PRO told him that MAYBE, if he worked his butt off, just maybe in FIVE YEARS he could also make $100,000.00 bucks, MAYBE he too could break the 6 figure PROFESSIONAL mark.

Dan's response?

And he had only been a "platform" speaker for a year, was:

"I already make that much."

It was an enlightening moment for Dan Kennedy and for anyone who listens to him tell the story.

He discovered the PROS, the elite, the top of the field were not all that "smarter" or better...they were just more well known.

That is when he quit taking advice and started giving it.

The part that Dan probably makes the least public is his work with TV infomercials. Most everything else is readily available I think.

Now, let me tell YOU something my friend, I'd bet you'd find Dan Kennedy to be a good salesman, better than YOU? I doubt it...but...

he is better known...for NOW!

Gordon Alexander

PS. I prefer Dan's stuff over Jay Abraham's but they resonated about the same, both have that old Halbert tune sung through them.