SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > SOWPub Business Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

SOWPub Business Forum Seeds of Wisdom Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 20, 2023, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Default Why copywriters can't get work.

A new blog post. I mean here at the forum, which has more or less become our blog, and a few people still post here now and then, which is fine.

I've been retired for a decade now, Dien is very busy. So we don't really mind the 'forum' gets very little use, it is convenient for us.

So I was thinking about some things, as I write this, Alex Hormozi is the big buzz of IM, giving away all kinds of FREE stuff, I didn't watch the webinar, nor did I buy any books, or get any of his stuff for free, but is sure do have many folk all up in Arms.

Anyhow, this morning I was working on some copy for one of my projects, I haven't accepted any copy work in a decade, and most often turn away any such requests, mainly cause it is boring, same old same old products...

I spent 25 years in supplements, NO THANK YOU, not interested or in Crypto, Forex, Day Trading, Weed or CBD crap...all the things the herd is following these days.

I see the need for copy, most of the above niches have copy which sucks eggs and in those markets, it is ALL about targeting...they buy whatever horsepoop you sell them and tell them it isn't.

In case you are new, I hold a rather low opinion of today's marketers and copywriters, but I am aware that my opinion is none of their business...just as any opinion of me is none of mine.

But I do see a problem. Copywriters who can NOT get gigs. My question to them is a simple one...why don't you USE

USE YOUR COPYWRITING SKILLS ON YOUR PROSPECTS???????????????

Make sense??

If you think copywriting is salesmanship in print, and you are trying to get me to hire you to write said copy, then you should be able to use that skill ON ME, to get me to consider you for a paid gig. NO??

That is the rant part. Now an offer, a chance for you to give me some money, are you excited about that?

The past few months Bob has gotten me excited about the GJASQ1 since he did the very professional job on the POP, Pictogrigm of Persuasion...and since he has continued to develop and up grade.

I think in the next week or two Bob is going to release his COPYWRITER'S version of TOOL-KIT and it is going to be a very good investment, maybe 24.95 give or take a sawbuck or two...and when he has it ready I will create a link to it and keep the post a stick for awhile. I think it will do very well in the coming HOLDAY season.

So.

That got me to take a look at some of the work I've done, and parts of the GJA SQ1 that needs help...and one of the projects was the DECK OF HOLIDAY cards, with 52+ business ideas.

The offer. I'm looking for some co-workers. It will cost you 100 bux, to be given back to you upon completion of work and when it hits the marketplace. Why do it this way.

Skin in the game.

Whenever I have offered a Free VS. FEE, the free guys fall out, drop out, never get past the initial work. And I think it is because they are not vested, they have no skin in the game at all.

Now a hundred bux, ain't much skin...but it may be enough to keep your attention through to getting a thing to the marketplace.

So as I am revising and UPDATING my 52 CARDS OF CHRISTMAS, I am also working on parts of the GJA SQ1 to get them up to the high quality graphic that Bob produced for the POP.

OK, contact me, [email protected] with 52 in subject header if interested.

As for A. Hormorzi, I found myself most in synch with Alen Sultanic at Nothing Held Back group on Facebook and prefer an ECONOMIC view rather than the Guru Buzz of the moment...and as for FREE being effective way to build one's wealth, I have a different opinion based on decades of giving free vs. skin in the game results. Give your stuff away if you want. NOT me, at least no longer.

Gordon Jay

Last edited by GordonJ : September 8, 2023 at 10:45 AM.