SOWPub Small Business Forums  

Click Here to see the latest posts!

Ask any questions related to business / entrepreneurship / money-making / life
or share your success stories (and educational "failures")...

Sign up for the Hidden Business Ideas Letter Free edition, and receive a free report straight to your inbox: "Idea that works in a pandemic: Ordinary housewife makes $50,000 a month in her spare time, using a simple idea - and her driveway..."

NO BLATANT ADS PLEASE
Also, please no insults or personal attacks.
Feel free to link to your web site though at the end of your posts.

Stay up to date! Get email notifications or
get "new thread" feeds here

Go Back   SOWPub Small Business Forums > Main Category > Original SOWPub Forum Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 29, 2001, 02:29 AM
Dan Butler

Default Re: On paper and other "stuff"...

Bob --

Let me know your thoughts on the Allen book after you been through some of it.

I'm still sifting throught the initial inbox/download cycle. Sure a lot of stuff built up over the years - and I'm not that old. Just a lot of varied interests.

"The automated secrets of modern communication" - now that could be a title. And I automate as much as anyone. Templates the whole bit. But I still write those notes from time to time. And I'd like to automate and write more.

At my former job I was known for being the computer short cut guy. In reality I'm just a creatively lazy guy. If I do the same thing more than say twice on the computer I'll write a little program to do it for me the next time. Little things add up.

So one day a fellow pops his head in my office and asks if I know someones phone number. I say sure and open up the little printed copy of the office directory I kept next to my phone. He is dumbfounded as he thought I had some high tech way to access the info. Turns out he had the same printed copy on his desk but thought I could find it faster as he walked past. Ha!

The printed copy was always faster for me. All references off line are. They have a "locational" memory in that I can remember where things are and turn right to them. On a computer I have no equivalent.

You mention Levenger - my wallet felt lighter at the mere mention of the name.

I did write it up for the newsletter which goes out in at 9:00 am PST Thursday. I'll forward you a copy.

And Gordon and others interested in Product Development - if you are still seeing this. Be sure to check our Featured FAQ this issue. I didn't pick it but after considering it a moment think it will trigger many helpful thoughts. That's all I'll say.

I wonder how many are still reading this long meandering thread way down here?

-- Dan Butler